Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hello, My Name is...

Hey world! So I've come to a very hard decision. Actually it wasn't that hard. I realized that I...have become bored with this blog. I mean, all my posts are the same! I always end up liking everything that I read - sometimes not until after page 200, but still. Maybe there's just nothing more I can give you.

Well, maybe there's a few things: The Hunger Games does not live up to the hype, but does live up to itself. Divergent is really worth it if you're willing to slog through the repetitive relationship drama. No one likes reactive protagonists - we want decisive character action in a clear direction, not just whiny people forced into things. Archetypes good, clichés bad; true skill is finding the difference. Focal characters using phrases like "I saw" or "I heard" is distracting. Whatever is written, the narrator or POV character obviously saw or heard. There are no bad stories, only incompatible readers and writers...Just some stuff to help your reading and appreciation of "good" and "bad" books alike. 

So, to part ways, I've decided I'm finally going to tell you. I am going to reveal to you who I am - my name. The only reason this was ever anonymous to begin with was because I was paranoid about my name being on the Internet. But now, I'm actually a YouTuber, so it doesn't matter anymore.

My name is....

Unnecessary drum roll since this isn't news to most people...

Olivia Gordon
Juggler and Origami Extraordinaire.

It's been a blast. Thanks for the memories. Take care of the fish for me.

Keep in touch via:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN3f1SCT8QZzh7u72_x2mqA

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for information , i'm wait a new post

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! You stopped writing! But you only reviewed 325 books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, my blog has lived its life. Now I just use it to follow authors. But my relationship with books shall never end! The reviews mentally live on!

    ReplyDelete