Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cloral Is The New Sea World.

Hello there world! It's been a really long time!! I was going to save this post until I had two books to review, but due to circumstances out of my control, my schedule got all messed up. And when I realized I couldn't remember for positively sure when I finished this book, I decided it was just time to break down and review it without a second one to follow it. So here I am!

So, I believe I have already stated that I do not remember when I finished this book, but it was most certainly recently. Recently or not, the book is still called The Lost City of Faar by D.J. MacHale. This is the second book in a series of ten, plus a companion trilogy, all with the common least common denominator of "Pendragon." I reviewed the first book in the series not too long ago, right here in fact.  Last thing of the paragraph, the lovely and prestigious Amazon link. 

Summaryish: The second adventure of Bobby Pendragon begins on the oceanic world, Cloral. And by oceanic, I mean there is no landmass any where. At all. Zip. Zero. Nada. Just floating cities made with advanced water-based technology. He hangs out for a while, having a good time and generally forgetting the dreaded turning point is coming. But, when mysterious deaths start popping up everywhere, and all evidence leads to Saint Dane messing with the crops...well, things get less fun for him and more fun for me really fast. The only way they can save the populations of the beautiful sea-world-to-the-extreme land of Cloral lies with the lost city of Faar, which is pretty much our Atlantis. And I don't mean an island resort with amazing-looking commercials, I'm talking about the actual sunken city that no one can seem to locate. Of course, I know where it is, but I'm not telling.

Review: If it's possible, this book was better than the first. I guess Mr. MacHale was a little worried about starting a new series, and that's why he told and didn't show, but now he's used to it, and the book is so much better for it! In fact, I was reading it to one of my housemates and said housemate threatened to go to the library without me to get the next book because this particular housemate cannot stand the suspense. I have lots of experience dealing with the long, sleepless hours of waiting for the next book in a series, but even I, seasoned series veteran that I am, wanted to jump in the car with my new Pendragon buddy and make an emergency visit to the library. I haven't felt this strongly about a series in a long time. In fact, only a few series books kept me up at night. Artemis Fowl, I Am Number Four, Human.4, and the 39 Clues. All the other series books in my life were simply obsessively checking authors' websites hoping for an update. but back to my review: All in all, fabulous book full of adventure and intrigue and suspense and mystery and heart-stopping action that leaves you screaming "No! Don't do it!! Don't open that door!" Or in this case, stand in front of that flume. But I'll leave explaining that mysterious sentence to the author. 

Words to the Characters:

Bobby: You know, I wondered that, and my Pendragon buddy wondered that, but you just...didn't. Odd.

Everyone else: I'd say something to y'all, but I think this post is getting too long.

Okay, that's all! Bye bye! See you next time for something at least one person will be exited about!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment