Saturday, October 5, 2013

How Did She Last So Long Without Opening The Box? The Curiosity Would Have Driven Me Crazy.

Hello world!! It's been a while! It's not my fault though, I blame global warming. If it weren't for global warming, this post would have happened ages ago. It's just the gradual heating of the Earth's surface prevented me. Global warming is mean like that. But since I'm finally here, it is time to review a book.

So, I just finished this book called Doomed by Tracy Deebs. And, OH MY GOSH!!!! So, close to the end of the book, I was like "Day six? That means it absolutely MUST be a series so it can go all the way to day 10!" But, alas, the book ended with a ringing finality. BUT the good news is, Tracy's website says that it's a series!!!!! Eep! So, it's book 1 in the Pandora series. Speaking of websites, she's got a pretty nice one, but not as nice as Amazon

Summaryish: This book is all about this girl named Pandora. Her daddy has been gone for like, ten years, when out of the blue she receives an e-mail from him on her 17th birthday. Things really go down hill from there, because opening that e-mail has released a cyberworm that is quickly taking over the world, shutting down electricity, and even making its way into nuclear warheads cooling systems. The worm is also proclaiming that total annihilation will be in ten days. Unless you can beat the game. Pandora's Box is a popular video game in this world, and that's where the worm has made its lair. If Pandora can unlock the secrets of her memories, she'll be able to save the world. But figuring out the mysteries of long lost memories is harder than it sounds. 

Review: Wow snap, that was fabulous! Ms. Deebs is a master of plot twists! I love how she doesn't give away the whole plot in the first couple of pages like so many authors do. Throughout the whole book, she's bringing in new and unexpected dangers and excitement. This book is like a combination of all things awesome. It has cyber-stuff, car chases, cool gunfights, and other stuff that starts with C. I mean, when I was reading this, I had to stare at my wall on several occasions to catch my breath. My wall really needs to be repainted, by the way. Anyways, it's really intense and fantastic in every way imaginable. Except it was too short. But here's great news: There's a chapter break exactly halfway through the novel! I love it when that happens!

Words to the Characters:

Pandora: Is it just me, or do you have way too many panic attacks? You're having a breakdown every few pages. That's one way to get the guys to stop treating you like a damsel in distress, I guess. That was an attempt at sarcasm, I don't think it went very well, so I'm just going to abandon my attempts at humor. 

Theo: There's someone you remind me of...Fang, I think, but he never lived up to his silent demeanor, he was chatty for a quiet guy. You, on the other hand, rock the unbreakable countenance. 

Eli: A cure for that would be DON'T CARRY A GUN!

Okay, that's all for today, see you next time for a sequel! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment