Monday, September 30, 2013

Hiiii-YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello world!! Nice to see you again after, what? A day? I don't keep track of these things, that's what Google Cloud is for. Anyways, if you're wondering why I'm here talking to you, it's because I have a book to review, and I would like to do that right now. Well, when this paragraph gets long enough I will. Oh, look! It's long enough now!

So, sometime around 11:30 last night I read the final sentence of Stormbreaker by my dear friend, Anthony Horowitz. I looked at the clock, then stared at the last words for a moment, wondering what was going to happen next and decided then and there that I would complete the Alex Rider series if it killed me, and it just might. I could get hit by a stray bullet, who knows? Random fact: this book was made into a movie! So it's not that random after all, but it's still a fact. Lastly: Amazon link. (Hurray, it's working this time!)

Summaryish: When Alex Rider's uncle, Ian, is killed in a car accident, Alex becomes suspicious about the cause of death and sets off to find out the real reason on his own. A short while later, he discovers that his uncle was in fact a spy for the British intelligence agency, MI6, and Ian has passed the baton to Alex. Alex reluctantly picks up the aforementioned passed baton and goes undercover to find out the mystery behind the Stormbreaker computers being gifted to school all around England by a possibly generous most likely revenge-driven dangerous psychotic Egyptian. Is it just me, or when you see MI6 the Mission Impossible theme song instantly comes to mind? 

Review: This book was great! It had action adventure, intrigue, mystery and just enough foreshadowing/suspense to keep you going. But, it was a little short on description and made me feel like I was reading a children's book carefully worded so the young one does not come across any difficult words that could bother the child's mother with constant inquiries about various definitions and pronunciations. But, overall, it was an easy-quick-nice read that I enjoyed. It would be a great book to read after reading something like, say, anything by Tolstoy or Shakespeare. It's a great no-thinking-required novel. 

Words to the Characters:

Alex: I don't get why you were reluctant, it sounds like a great adventure to me!

Mr. Grin: Wow. Creepy/cool. 

Okay, finished here, bye now!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment