Sunday, September 22, 2013

And Now We Know How It Sunk Into The Ocean.

Hey world!! I have two books to review today! Woo! But as you well know, that doesn't mean that two books will be reviewed today. I don't even know if THIS book will be reviewed today. I could get bored and walk away and leave this until tomorrow. But I rarely get bored when I'm blogging, I love blogging! Speaking of which, I better start doing that!!

So, A few days ago I finished this book called The Dark Shore by Kevin Emerson, who is not only an author, but a musician. Anyways, this book is book two of the Atlanteans Trilogy. The only down side of that is now I have to wait about a year for the third one. Booo! But in the meantime, I might be able to read other books about Atlantis and/or devastated future worlds. I know you've been waiting for this, so your wait is over! Without further ado, the Amazon link! You know, I go through all the trouble to get that link (four clicks is so hard!) and I doubt you ever click on it. But oh well, it's the thought that counts.

Summaryish: Warning: Do not read if you haven't read The Lost Code!! Owen, Leech, and Lily have escaped from EdenWest and are heading South to find the marker that Leech is seeing in his maps. But, when they get sidetracked at the human-sacrifice-fond Heliad-7 town, Desenna, (I hope I spelled that right) which leads to the discovery of the third Atlantean. I know, I know, I'm closely paraphrasing the jacket flap, but summaryishes are difficult! You try summing up a twisty-turny 470 page novel in 2-3 sentences!!

Review: Usually, sequels are disappointing. The always seem to be lacking something the first book had that riveted you to the pages. But not this book, this sequel was fantastic! It was like being on a roller coaster, but not those awful ones that you seem to always ride right after your hot-dog and blue slushie, it was the good kind of roller coaster that flips your hair back and goes shwwwwissshhh and it's so much fun that you ride it three times in a row before your amusement park buddy drags you off to eat a hot-dog and blue slushie that you end up depositing into a trash can after riding the awful roller coaster. How's that for a simile. Anyways, it was a great book! There were plot twists that even I didn't see coming and fabulous action that made me wrinkle the pages a little bit gripping it so hard. Actually, that's not very good since it's a library book. 

Words to the Characters:

Owen: Snap dragon, who would have thunk it? Actually me, I was always so curious about why no one seemed to be born at the same time. Did that give something away? I tried to phrase it mysteriously.

Technicians: I was so sad to see you go! I love y'all!

Lilly: Interesting. Very interesting. And after all that time thinking the opposite, too. 

Okay, first review equals over. Maybe I'll write up the second one later. Maybe not. Who knows? I sure don't, I'm a very unpredictable person.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment