Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This Is Like, A Ninja Book Or Something!

Hey there world! It's me again! This post has been a long time coming, but I did miss an entire night of reading because I was watching Star Trek: Into Darkness. It was so...so...beautiful. Was it worth missing a night of this book? Absolutely. Those movies don't come around too often. The one thing that bothered me was when Uhura was talking to the Klingons, she said "I am" but the Klingons don't have a word for the verb "to be" making saying "am" impossible. But I guess it was translated into English, so maybe it's okay. Anyways, book.

So, last night I  finished reading this book called The Fear Index by Robert Harris. I'm pretty sure it's not a series...but then again it very well could be. It was set up for a second one, but at the same time left me with a finished feeling, so I don't know. I hope it's a series. But anyways, you want the Amazon? Huh? You want it? You can have it! Go get it! Fetch!! Now bring it back to me...I'm kidding you can keep it. 

Summaryish: Billionaire and hedge fund owner Alex Hoffmann creates a machine that predicts the rises and falls of the Stock Market with scary accuracy...and when an intruder breaks into his house, and...well, things just kind of go down hill from there. So over the course of one madcap crazy world, he must find out who is out to destroy him and why. Don don doooon. Like my sound effect? It's new.

Review: Wow. Snap. That was amazing. It was like a roller coaster under water in the sky leading to a sky dive into a thimble of acid full of microscopic sharks and piranhas. Some of the Stock Market stuff went straight over my head, but it was so great I barely even noticed! It was thrilling and exciting and it had me guessing right until the very end! And the ending...wow. Read this book. Don't question me, just read it.

Words to the Characters:

Alex: I can't say I would have done the same things, but I probably would have acted very similarly. So you're not alone.

Gabby: Nobody likes a jumper to conclusions. Maybe you should trust your hubby?

Okay, I'm finished. I've gotta go now, see you next time for a sequel!! Eep!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment