Monday, September 2, 2013

I Can't Get Enough Of Ancient Myths!

Hello everyone! It's me again! Here to talk about yet another book! Hurray! Hmm. I can't think of anything else to say in this paragraph...so...I guess it's just going to be really short.

So, I just finished a book called The Lost Code, book one of The Atlanteans Series by Kevin Emerson!! Fun fact; Kevin isn't just an author! He's also a musician! Not-so-fun-fact; that last book in this series isn't going to be out until, like, 2014...so far away...But what isn't far away is the Amazon link! And this is neat! Kevin wrote a song about this book! See? I don't know about you, but I can jam to it. And just so you know, I had some trouble with the author's website in his name thing, so that "see" is also a link to just his website in general. 

Summaryish: This book is all about a guy named Owen Parker who goes to summer camp! He makes some friends, some enemies, some arts and crafts, and grows gills. Just regular camp stuff. So then, he discovers that he is part of an ancient prophecy that says he and two other Atlanteans, (yeah, Atlanteans) must save the world from the ecological disasters nicknamed The Great Rise in his future world. That's about it.

Review: Wow, so far this post is pretty short. Must be that skimpy introductory paragraph. Anyways, this book was pretty fantastic. My first night with it was like "Wow snap, this is amazing." because it was. Amazing that is. It's the perfect combination of everything a good book needs, it has heart-racing action, so much suspense that it's a little itchy, mystery, intrigue, everything. It's something you could read late into the night over and over again. Plus, it has a great balance of fiction-y, outlandish things and regular old life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Absolutely amazing! And I can't wait until the next installment. (Next week??)

Words to the Characters:

Technicians: I love you guys!!

Leech: Ha! I knew it!!!!!!! 

Lilly: Ha! I knew that too!!!!!! Mwahahaha!

Okay, that seems to be it for now. See you next time for another book. This one might have to do with space. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment