Friday, August 30, 2013

Which Acronym Is Better, WARP Or SYTYWTRT? I Was Thinking WARP Too.

Hey world! Guess who? Me of course!  Third day in a row blogging, and the first of the three I blogged three times. I really must be annoying you. Oh well, at least we get to talk about one of the very best things in the world! Books! The complete polar opposite of the worst thing in the world - and I shudder just typing it - cold toilet seats. Those things are just plain evil. Enough evil, let's talk about the good thing!

So, less than fifteen minutes ago, I finished reading this book called The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer. Sheesh, I'm just going all out with the whole "end of the Eoin Colfer boycott" thing. I feel like an alcoholic after the prohibition ended. I mean, just two days ago I reviewed an Eoin Colfer, and now, here I am, finishing up another. Anyways, this book is the first in the W.A.R.P. series. I'll try not to get too attached, because eventually this series will end, and another boycott will start up. But, if I just mildly love it, then boycotts will be unnecessary. But it is hard to control the level of love I have for books...But I don't think an Amazon link would hurt anything.  

Summaryish: Where to begin...How about London, 1898, with an assassin-for-hire and his orphan apprentice? Or maybe we should begin with Agent Chevron Savano, the FBI youngest agent? Or perhaps we could begin with a time machine? Wherever we begin, we will certainly end with a Victorian super villain learning the present's technological secrets with plans to go back to his home-time and change the world forever. And since I swore never to give away a book's secrets, that's pretty much all I can say.

Review: So I'm still readjusting to Eoin Colfer, but that changed nothing about how amazing this book was. It is a little sad getting back into the swing of things, but this book definitely made me happy! Two thumbs up for time-traveling orphans! I couldn't get enough of the fast-paced and humorously written story. It pulled me in as if it had tied a rope around my mind and relentlessly tugged it deep into the plot until every waking thought was fully wrapped around the story, and of course the dancing frogs of which I can never seem to be rid. But frolicking insectivores aside, I must admit that some parts were a little slow, but before you know it, they're picking up again and your screeching around another plot twist! 

Words to the Characters:

Riley: The mystery behind your name is killing me, hopefully we will discover it in book two!

Chevie: I can't stop thinking about Johnis, from the Lost Books (Ted Dekker) and the Chevy. Hahaha! Good times. 

Okay everyone, happy reading and a happy farewell until the next book! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment