Friday, August 2, 2013

I Might Cry...

Today is the day. Exactly one year ago at 1:25 PM I read the first words of the last book in the Artemis Fowl series. At exactly 12:00 AM the same day, I closed it because there were no more words left for me to read. 10 hours and 35 minutes were all I got to spend with that book. And now it's time. The Eoin Colfer Boycott has gone on long enough. I know declare it over. I've had a whole year to grieve, but now it's time to move on. This doesn't mean I won't still miss the series, because I will. It's just time. And...oh snap, he's written a new book...it looks good...hmm. Well, today is a sad day for final goodbyes, but it can't all be depressing, so I'm going to review a book now!

So, I'm not exactly sure when I finished Numbers 2: The Chaos by Rachel Ward, but I'm positive I did finish it. As you can tell by the title, it's book two in a trilogy, the first book of which I reviewed here. I can't wait until I get to the third one! But I've got like, six books ahead of my next library visit. Actually, I'm not sure how many books are left, I keep them hidden so the next book is always a little bit of a mystery. Anyways, don't want to forget the Amazon link!

Summaryish: Don't read this if you haven't read Numbers: Jem's baby, fifteen year old Adam, sees the numbers just like his mom did, but he also gets a little flash of the person's death. When he starts seeing the first day of January, 2027 all over London, he attempts to change people's numbers by asking them to leave, along with the help of his friend/notsofriend, Sarah, who's nightmares involve the tragedy that Adam is predicting. 

Review: Wow! I couldn't put this book down! It was gripping and mysterious. By looking at the page numbers, this book was really slow, but seeing as how 65 pages went by in a flash, this book was faster than the speed of life! Ms. Ward is a master of timing and plotting. Just when you forget about something, she brings it back to affect the story again. Beautiful! I loved it! It was practically mind-blowing! Almost chilling! I kept putting things off, like sleep or eating just so I could read one more page, or five, or ten...or maybe just finish the book and then make a sandwich? You know what, just eat before you start reading...

Words to the Characters:  

Adam: Your gift on the outside seems really cool, but if you dig a little deeper, it seems more like a curse. I admire how you handle it so well.

Mia: Am I correct in assuming the next book will be about you?

Okay, that's all for today, I gotta go read! Bye! Don't forget you are released from the boycott and can now read any Eoin Colfer you want! Just try not to enjoy it a lot.  

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment