Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm A Little Sad.

Hey world! I'm back again for more fun!! Except I'm kind of distracted by a game I'm half playing on a different tab. It's quite fun, actually. I'm on level 19 of 30, so I'm over half way there! But it's getting harder! Ah! But if I make it to level thirty, I unlock something special! Okay, too much talk about games and not enough talk about books. Let's remedy that, shall we?

So, I just finished this book called Numbers 3: Infinity by Rachel Ward last night at 10:34, or sometime thereabouts. It's the conclusion in the mind-blowing Numbers trilogy, all of which have been reviewed on this blog. Here is the link to the one before this, book two. From there, you will find the link to my first review in this series. And of course, I can't possibly end this paragraph without an Amazon link! That was clumsy, I linked both the space before the A and the exclamation point after the k! Silly me.

Summaryish: So in the last installment of this series, it is two years after The Chaos, and Sarah, her brothers, Adam, and Mia are struggling for survival, and are becoming increasingly more irked by their fame. They're also still confused by Mia's weird talent of switching numbers. And when word gets out about Mia's extraordinary abilities, she becomes a target for the government. Because, to quote the jacket cover, everyone wants to live forever. 

Review: There's only one thing I can say about this book, and that is that it would be a Wow. Just Wow., if I hadn't just used one. When you finally close this book, you kind of just have to sit there and stare at cover (which isn't hard, because it's a very pretty cover.) for a while absorbing all that you just read. While you're sitting and staring, you may also experience the little known feeling of not thinking. No thoughts other than an instant replay of the book will cross your mind, and it's surprisingly a very enjoyable feeling that is definitely worth eating lunch an hour late and becoming a tad anti-social for a day reading. I could have finished it in one sitting, but if there is anything I love more than reading, emphasis on the if, it would be spaghetti, and guess what was on the menu? 

Words to the Characters:

Adam: In moments of temper, instead of lashing out against your enemies making them hate you more, try counting backwards by threes and sevens alternately. 

Sarah: I think I would have done the same thing.

Mia: Okay...creepy, but I'll roll with it.

By the power vested in me, I now pronounce this post over. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment