Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Maybe The Wackiness Hasn't Ended After All.

Hey everyone! Wowza, number three today, except that number two was a non-review. I better hurry up this review, because it's snack time. I bet you didn't know that I often dilly-dally while reviewing. Well it's true, sometimes I'll play a game, listen to a song, check an author's blog, stuff like that. Not that I don't love you enough to give you my full attention, just that I love you too much to give you my full attention. Okay, next time a virtual stranger tells you he/she loves you, run for your life. I am the only exception because I am certifiably insane. Moving on.

So, I just finished this book called And Another Thing... by, and it pains me to say this, but not as much as it could because the boycott ended several days ago...Eoin Colfer. Yup. Eoin Colfer. The Eoin Colfer. And just in case we're not clear, we're talking about the same guy who prematurely ended the Artemis Fowl series. Yup. That Eoin Colfer. The one I boycotted for a year. We're talking about him. Not Eoin McNamee, Eoin Colfer. Are we clear? Good, because I'm getting really tired of typing Eoin Colfer. I should probably hide an Amazon link right about now... Oh, and did I mention that this is the sixth book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy?

Summaryish: So Arthur Dent finally returns to Earth, only to find out that yet again, it is about to be blown up. So he and the gang go on one last adventure, (or maybe not, who knows?) to find a nice cup of tea and save the human race from Vogons, even if that means teaming up with Thor. And no Guide installment would be complete without giant cheese and the removal of extra heads. And why not throw in goat legs just for fun?

Review: I have to admit, it was a little weird reading an Eoin Colfer again after all this time...But I still liked this book. Mr. Colfer tried his hardest to emulate the style of Mr. Adams, but I kept finding a bunch of Colferisms and not enough Adamsisms. That's not say I didn't enjoy this book, because I did. It had all the clever, witty action I'm used to with Douglas, and even had the humor and weird situations often found in Eoin's books. So I had the best of both worlds here. Which is something to hurray about. Hurray!

Words to the Characters:

Arthur: Can't you just make your own tea? It's not that hard, you just need a kettle, a pot, a cup, and some tea leaves. Oh, and water.

Zaphod: That's a little hard to get used to.

Random: There, there.

Okay. Done for today. All three books are accounted for. I better go start my next book! After snack of course. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment