Thursday, August 15, 2013

Definitely Not The Last Blog Post.

Hey world! It's been a while! It feels like it's always been a while! And a warning: I'm going on a trip, so it might be a while before the next post because I'm not sure if I can be in a car and read at the same time. I've tried it before and I didn't get sick, so I guess I can, but you never know for sure until it's happening. So, we'll see. Anyways, this paragraph is getting ramble-y, so let's talk about the book!

So, 29 minutes into today I finally finished The Last Good Man by A. J. Kazinski, which is actually a pseudonym for Anders Ronnow Klarlund and Jakob Weineich. I don't get that at all, if you're just going to put your real names on the jacket flap, why not slap them on the front cover too? Confusing. Anyways, it was translated from Danish to English by Tiina Nunnally. Last but not least, the Amazon link. 

Summaryish: In Jewish legend, there is a story that there are 36 righteous people on the Earth for every generation, protecting all the other people. And when Danish police officer Niels Bentzon gets a case that a series of murders are taking place all over the Earth, the only connection between them being that they all seem to be "good" people...and an ominous mark stretching from one shoulder to the other. He and an astrophysicist discover a pattern, and together they attempt to stop the next murders from happening.

Review: I'm having mixed feelings about this book. The first couple of pages were pretty intriguing. But then it got really boring and blah blah blah, and come on, when is something good going to happen? Conversation after conversation after conversation. Where are the explosions? But then, a little after half way through, it got bearable. Then it got good. So I was happy at the end, and not just because it was finally over, but because the ending was interesting. The ending itself was also a little slow, but that might have just been my eyes drooping. After all, it was after midnight. Official sum up of my feelings: Some parts were nice, other parts were boring, and still other parts were mind numbingly *moan* So liking this book depends on whether or not you are willing to sit through the moaning to get to the adrenalin rush. 

Words to the Characters:

Niels: I didn't see that coming. I would have thought the whole Hannah thing would have made that impossible.

Hannah: Wow, you're smart. I hope you rubbed off on me!

Tomasso: Wouldn't it be terrible if you got sea sick?

Okay, that's today's review. Who knows when I'll be back, but when I finally am, it'll have something to do with time travel!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment