Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Rarely Revise Anything, And Luckily That's Not What This Book Is About.

Hey world! I'm back from my trip! But don't worry, I didn't just read one book. I have three books to review today! Yowza! Hey, is three reviews in one day another record? That would be cool. I'm always breaking records. Maybe there should be a record about how many records I've broken. But they're all personal records, not world-wide records, so maybe they don't count. Oh well, book time!

So, a really long time ago I finished reading this book called The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen. I'm having trouble finding his website, though. I'm having no trouble finding the Amazon link though! Oh, and I forgot to say, it's not a series. At least I don't think so. It's hard to decide if series books are better than stand alones because they last longer, or if stand alones are better because they tend to be more meaningful. These unanswerable questions plague me deep into the wasted minutes between Lights Out and Dream Time. Maybe after a little more contemplation I'll have an answer. 

Summaryish: This book is all about this agent from the future sent back in time to protect the events surrounding something he calls "The Great Conflagration" which makes his Perfect Present possible. But while he's visiting our time, he becomes more involved with the people and city than he ever imagined possible, and that could become a problem when one of the events he's supposed to make sure happens affects someone very close to him. 

Review: As I may have mentioned before, I finished this book, like, a week ago, and precious details are already slipping away. I already only remember key events, so hopefully this review is honest. There were plenty of good parts, a minimal amount of bad parts, a healthy serving of car chases and shoot outs and kidnaps (oh my!), which obviously means OF COURSE I loved this book! The way it was told was so flowing and easy that were it not for the non-stop action, I could have fallen asleep reading it. It's one of those books you read with your eyes half-open, and your mind totally blown. Huzzah!

Words to the Characters:

Zed:  You are so distant and mysterious it's hard to get to know you, but at the same time, it's like we're friends. Is that cool or weird?

Yup, only talking to one character today. What do I always say? Unpredictable! Well, bye for about two seconds.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment