Thursday, August 1, 2013

Doomsday Devises Always Make My Day A Little Happier!

Hello again world! Lovely to see you again! I have to get through this post quickly, I've got a book upstairs with my name on it! Well, it has the author's name on it, not mine...anyways. There's still cake leftover from my hundredth review if you want some. It's virtual though, so it might taste a little pixel-y. But, hey, cake is still dessert!

So, sometime around...I don't know...Tuesday maybe, I finished this book with the title Day of Doom by this guy who's name I can't pronounce, David Baldacci.  It's the last book in the Cahills Vs. Vespers series, which is a spin off of The 39 Clues, they're, and by they I mean Scholastic, making a third series! Unstoppable! Who knows if it's the last, or if I'll be following these characters until I'm well into my nineties. Which would be weird since the characters might never age...Anyways, Amazon link is right here!

Summaryish: Okay, now that Amy, Dan, and the Rosenblooms have collected everything the Vespers need, you'd think they'd release the hostages, right? Wrong. Instead they activate a doomsday device. So now the Cahills must figure out where it is, and how to dismantle it to save not only the hostages, but the entire world from Vesper One's evil plan. In the meantime, though, Dan has been surreptitiously gathering the ingredients for the secret serum...and making the serum itself...and preparing to drink it...don don doooon!

Review: I give this book a great review! You know me, I love explosions, and apocalypses, and codes, and clues, and action, and this book had all of that! Huzzah, huzzah! Three cheers for Mr. Baldacci! I just realized something, in Australia Christmas happens in summer. Weird. Back to the book: What else can I say but it's a fantastic read? And delightfully longer than it's predecessors? Maybe I could tell you to just read the series and discover for yourself how fun it is!

Words to the Characters:

Amy: Life is funny that way. I'll bet life laughs at it's own jokes. 

Dan: I am impressed you could stay quiet at a moment like that.

Okay, done for today until tomorrow, where I will be making an announcement. A very important, probably sad, a little surprising, and kind of happy in a depressing way announcement. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment