Monday, August 12, 2013

I'd Rather Live In The House Of Books, Thank You.

Hey world! Geez, I can't even remember when I was supposed to review this! But I'm reviewing now, so that's good news. I can't really think of anything else to add to the paragraph, so I'm just going to move on out of here, and head for bluer waters. And by that of course I mean the next paragraph.

So, I recently read a book called The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. As far as I know, it's not a series. It's not set up like a series anyway. Just a standalone. I've been reading a lot of those recently. Or maybe it just feels that way. But, there has been a long series I've been creating called the Amazon link series! The next installment of which can be found here.

Summaryish: So in a future where clones are hated, Matt, clone of the 140 year old drug lord and ruler of the country Opium, leads a lonely and sometimes rather tragic existence. But when he discovers the reason he even exists at all, it becomes clear that the only way to escape his fate is to flee the tiny country between Mexico and the United States. But El Patron, the drug lord, won't let Matt go that easily, not by a long shot. Wow. If ever I wrote a summaryish even remotely similar to a regular summary, that sure was one.

Review: At first, I thought I was going to hate this book, because I suffered through A Girl Named Disaster by Mrs. Farmer a while ago, and as I'm sure you can tell by my choice to say "suffered through," it isn't one of my favorites. I only picked up this book because, you know, scorpions. Can't pass that up, right? But then I was like "Wow, didn't expect that." and by "that" I mean "it to be so good." It's one of those books you could easily read in one sitting. And there weren't even that many explosions. I was delightfully surprised at how amazing this was!! Woo! Two thumbs up!

Words to the Characters:

Matt: You realize, although you are made from the same DNA as another person, you can never be a true clone of someone unless you have the exact same experiences as said person, because those experiences form your personality, and your personality is what makes you an individual. So cheer up!

Maria: You and I are a lot alike! There's a spider named Ted living near my closet! I hope he's not a girl.

Okay, today's post is officially over. Join me next time for a mystery, or something resembling a mystery at least. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment