Friday, August 9, 2013

Luminarium...Spark...I'm Sensing A Pattern Here.

Hey world! I've been bad again. But the upside of that is that I have two books to review today! Of course, that obviously doesn't mean I'm actually going to review two books today. Sometimes I decide to read in between my posts, and then forget all about the second post! But I'll try my hardest to get my thoughts about the books from me to you all in one day. Okay, first thought, coming up!

So, a couple of days ago, I finished reading a novel filed under S for Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan. It is the second book in the Sky Chasers series and currently the newest. The first book, Glow was reviewed by me, here. And of course, no second-paragraph-of-my-blog would be complete without an Amazon link

Summaryish: Let's see here...Got it! This book continues basically where the last one left off. Don't read this if Glow has not yet been experienced: Waverly and the girls are back on the Empyrean, but the surviving adults are still held captive on the New Horizon. But the tension between Waverly, Kieran, and Seth is getting worse, and that could cause some major problems for the entire crew of the ship. And for the safety of the ship itself. And then there's the whole problem of 13 year olds keeping an entire spaceship running...

Review: For all intents and purposes, this book should have been boring. It seems like it was full of meetings and arguments and blah blah blah. But for some mysterious reason it...wasn't boring. It was enthralling. Mrs. Ryan is a master of keeping just the right amount of things a secret to keep you interested, and spacing out her explosions perfectly. I loved this book! But I knew I would, so no surprise there! 

Words to the Characters:

Kieran: Your problem is you don't thank people enough. If you did, less people would be plotting mutiny. 

Waverly: Ha! I knew it.

Seth: My advice to you would be apologizing, or at least admitting you were wrong. 

Okay, first post of the day done. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment