Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Like Shiny Things! Luminous Is A Close Second!

Hey world! It's so great to see you again after so long away! Days and days away from the blog is what comes of going to bed late. Oh well, that's all in the irrelevant past. The very relevant present says that in the semi-relevant future, I will be reviewing a book. And lookie here! The semi-relevant future is now the very relevant present!

So, I just finished this book called Luminarium by Alex Shakar. Probably not a series, actually positively not a series. Just a lonely little standalone. Luckily it has cousins to keep it company. But anyways, I guess I need to put an Amazon link in here somewhere. It's super hidden! Mwahahahaha! I am slowly taking over the world, one hidden Amazon link and other things I can't tell you about at a time! Woo!

Summaryish: This book is about this guy named Fred and his comatose twin brother, George, and how, struggling to pay the hospital bills, Fred donates his brain to a neurological study that might change his life more than he ever expected. Things only get more complicated when he begins receiving e-mails from his fatally sleeping twin. All signs point to his game company falling apart at the seams. But will it be his brother that tears it down, or his quest for enlightenment? 

Review: Wow. I was expecting to be kind of bored, you know. I was just going to read this book because the cover was pretty, and, yeah, I'm not ashamed to admit that I judge a book by it's cover. But, then I really got sucked into the book. I took a lunch break, and went back to my reading spot seriously thinking that I was going to turn the TV off and start reading. But then I realized that, no! The TV was never on! I've already been reading for two hours! Then later, when I was about to take another food break, I decided to just read one more page...Let's just say my food break didn't happen when I wanted it to. This book was amazing! Plus I learned stuff! AND I got to contemplate the meaning of life, all in one book! Fantastic! An unforgettable ride from start to finish! It was mystical and intriguing, definitely a must-read. 

Words to the Characters:

Fred: The meaning of life, grasshopper, is donuts.

Sam: I'm jealous.

I'm out of words. Well, not really, just time. I have to go read! Bye! 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment