Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Tribe Is On A Different Planet.

Hey world! Sorry it's been so long! If you find a typo, it's just because my fingers are numb. I eat a lot of Popsicles. But sooner or later, I'll be able to feel my all appendages and the offending typos will cease. But then again, I usually have a bunch of typos anyway, so maybe my fingers being numb will make them go away? Who knows! Oh, and tomorrow you might find another mini-movie review before the book review because tonight...cue dramatic music...I go Into Darkness. Gotta love Star Trek. So anyways, this paragraph has gone on long enough! Long enough for my fingers to thaw out, anyway, so let's review a book!

So, I recently, and by recently I mean yesterday, I finished this book called The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo. And it wasn't scary! Yay! But, seriously, and by seriously I mean completely not seriously, did you really think Robert Liparulo, filed under "Author, Thriller" would write a scary book? I didn't think so. But anyways, I know you want it, so here, have an Amazon link! Oh, one more thing! I think this is part of a series, the immortal files? I'm not sure though.

Summaryish: When a group of immortals called the 13th tribe, who believe their mission in life is to kill the bad people of the world, plan their most daring plot yet, and Jagger's family gets caught in the crossfire, he must do everything in his power to stop this tribe of seemingly unkillable murderers from harming his wife and son...and from destroying an entire city. Hm. That summaryish seemed longer in my mind. Maybe my mind is large print?

Review: In the beginning, this book was terribly slow. Almost intolerably so. I kept having to check my pulse to see if I had died of boredom yet. It took me like, two days to read 50 pages. But on day three, I almost tripled my page count. Meaning, of course, that it got good. Really good. After getting over that 50 page hump, things really picked up and settled down at around 70mphs, every once in a while climbing up to 90. Although never quite reaching the speed of light, or even the speed of sound, I found myself gripping the pages and gasping at the plot twists. I can't say I'm dying for the next book, if there is one, but that doesn't mean if my book bag is feeling a little light I won't pick up a sequel. 

Words to the Characters:

Jagger and Owen: Wow snap. Did not see that coming.

Beth: Come on, fight the power!!!! I was disappointed when you just sat there and waited. Sheesh.

Okay, post over, join me next time for something about fear. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

2 comments:

  1. You should review "The Bronze Bow." It's an easy read, (well, sort of :P) and it's SUPER good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous!! Thank you very much for your lovely-sounding suggestion! I Googled the book and it looks fantabulous! It's been listed and will be reviewed probably soon!! Well, it will be listed when I find a pen that works!!

      Delete