Monday, September 9, 2013

It Was Hard To Sleep Last Night

Hey world! Sorry this has taken so long, but I missed a whole night of reading because I was watching this movie "Now You See Me..." I hate to say it, but it was worth it. I know this is a book reviewing website, but that movie was amazing! I was like, "Wow. Snap. Did not see that coming." Who would have thunk it? Not me, that's for sure. And I see a lot of things coming...Anyways, book!

So, I just finished this book called 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad. It was translated to English from the original...Norwegian? by someone who's name I can't remember. But whether I remember the translator's name or not, it is probably not a series. Good news or bad news? Hmm...Anyways, Amazon link!

Summaryish: In the year 2019, NASA is planning another moon mission. But the only way they can get funding is if they hold a world wide lottery for all the teenagers in the world. Three lucky winners, Mia, Midori, and Antoine, were chosen to accompany astronauts to the moon. But are they really lucky? Or are they in grave danger from the unknown terrors the moon has in store for them? 

Review: It's kind of hard to decide whether I liked this book or not. First of all: I didn't know it would be scary. Scary books are...well...scary! Plus the beginning was a little dull and boring and slow...but then the ending was chilling, thrilling, and very close to being terrifying!!!! Ahh! Not nightmare terrifying, more like grip-the-pages, someone-opened-a-door-and-I-screamed terrifying. There was also something very wrong about the ending. Not that it was a bad ending. But it seemed somehow...incorrect. I know why it seemed wrong, but I can't tell you because of spoilers. So it was kind of nice, kind of not. It kind of makes you question your chosen favorite genre, because it was kind of nice to be on the edge of your seat/scared. But then, being scared is generally a negative experience...confusing. But still a nice-ish book.

Words to the Characters:

Antoine: Tu sais...je parle francais!

Mia: I've noticed that, while your friends are major characters, you are the lead character. Kind of weird, but in a nice way.

Midori: I like your stories...I might steel them...

Okay, that's all! Next time might be another scary book. Robert Liparulo generally writes horrors! Ah!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment