Monday, August 18, 2014

This Is a Really Short Post.

Hey world! You may have noticed, you may have not, but I did not post yesterday which was my scheduled day to post. There's a reason for that - I did not take tea yesterday. I actually got new tea recently, it's Bengal Tea from Celestial Seasonings. It's cooling now, so I don't know what it tastes like yet, but I have M&Ms on standby in case it's yucky. It smells good though. Kind of like chai but...vanilla-y. So while we wait for my tea to cool, because having something to do while my tea cools is obviously the only reason I blog (not), I'll talk about the book that's up.

So, as we come closer and closer to the present it's getting less and less tragic for me to say how long ago I read these books, but we're not that close yet, so I'm not telling, but the book is Outlaw by Ted Dekker. It is part of the Outlaw Chronicles, which I am reading out of order, so I'm assuming you can too, if you want to. I took my first sip! It's a stiff sort of spicy but also smooth and - this might sound weird - it makes me want to purr a little bit. Needs sugar though. Forth sip - this time with honey (we're out of sugar)- Mm. Even better. Ah, tea, almost as great as Amazon links.

Summaryish: A lady and her young child go out boating and their ship capsized. Nice start, no? They are separated and the lady - her name is Julian - is picked up by a tribe and turned into a slave. She then makes a series of decisions that lead to major happenings in the little sequestered tribal valley. Hm. Short summary.

Review: I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but after reading Hacker, it's pretty hard not to make comparisons between my two reading experiences. I had really high expectations, and this book didn't exactly meet all of them. It was still page-turningly awesome, but I was still hoping for something a little more. Don't misunderstand, I really really liked reading this book, but it's not something I'm going to remember forever, like I probably will with Hacker. So officially: it's a good book, but I'd trade it for a cookie if someone forced me to eat spinach for the rest of my life.

I can't think of anything for the last paragraph, and I'm out of tea now anyway, so bye.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment