Friday, August 22, 2014

I Feel So Historical.

Hey world! Another tea time, another blog post. I'm not a very reliable person when it comes to blogging, apparently. But I do like to read. And since we've had this incredibly one-sided conversation a lot of times before, I'm just going to go ahead and continue with this post.

So, there was a time in recent history when I read this book called The Crucible by Arthur Miller. It's a play rather than a novel, but it's still published in book form, which makes the audible very very interesting. Like the last book that I read, it's read with more than one voice, and there's sound effects! So awesome. I like audibles like these. You can listen yourself at this Amazon link.

Summaryish: This is a play about the Salem witch hunts from the 17th century. Everyone accusing everyone else of witchcraft - to settle old disputes or honestly, no one will ever know. But this specific play centers around Abigail, and the people she accused. It's not really about anything else, so this is a short summary.

Review: Wowzers. This book is so...intense. It's amazing! It starts off like the first seconds of a race and doesn't slow down until the very last page. I love the way it unfolds! You discover little things at a time and you're never quite certain about the outcome, even after the final sentence. This story resonates like a cello. It's masterfully written. I can't imagine it ever going out of style. Simply, it's a classic must-read!

Words to the Characters:

Abby: Darling, I think that was just going too far.

Hm. I only talked to one person today. Weird. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment