Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Told You I'm An Alien, Right?

Hey world! So I finally finished that 932 page book yesterday, and the funny thing is, I still had two books before that to review, and then a bonus book kind of just snuck in so...Four books, woo! I'm only going to review one right now, though, because I really want to read. But I am going to try my very hardest to post four days in a row! Won't that be fun? We'll see how far I get. And by then, I'll probably have another two books to review, so maybe it can be six days in a row. I don't know though, we'll just have to see what happens!

So, a really long time ago I finished this book called Inhuman by Kat Falls. It's book one in the Fetch series! Actually, it's not a series, it's a trilogy - there's a humongous difference, you know. I'd tell you about the audible at the Amazon link,  but there isn't one. So instead, I'll regale you with a song...I'm kidding! You can't hear me, I'm just words on a screen to you! There are so many sides to my hexaflexagon, it's hypnotic. You probably don't know what a hexaflexagon is, though, few people do, so I'll just tell you something else mathematic because I'm in a numbery kind of mood today. The diagonals on Pascal's Triangle are...wait for it...Fibonacci numbers!!! Didn't that just blow your mind!?!?

Summaryish: In this future (because of course it's a future, what else would I be reading?), a killer virus that changes an infected person's DNA to that of the animal that bit them has broken out - totally desecrating everything to the east of the Mississippi River. A huge wall was built to protect those that are uninfected. But when someone very dear to Lane, our protagonist, goes missing, she must risk her life by crossing the wall to find him.

Review: This was absolutely fabulous! The very beginning, like, the first 10-15 pages or so, were a little...beginning-y, but that really couldn't be helped. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints! Full of action, suspense, both lovable and loathable characters, twists that keep you guessing, and plenty of explosions that kept even me happy - you're sure to love this book! A little warning though: there are a few parts that are a bit...graphic. The squeamish need not apply. But I love-love-loved this book, and I absolutely cannot wait until the next one (which comes out hopefully soon! Checking....September. That's far away.)

Words to the Characters:

Lane: For some reason, I usually end up not liking female narrators because they always seem too emotional and kind of bratty sometimes, but I like you, let's be friends!

Rafe: I figured out long before Lane did. And by the way, I pronounce it Rafee, is that right?

Okay, see you tomorrow for some numbers!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment