Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm Terrified of Bees.

Hey world! So...I didn't come back on Sunday. Or Monday or Tuesday. But that's not my fault! Okay it's my fault...I feel like this paragraph is spent apologizing more than anything else...well, not anymore! I'm done apologizing! I'll blog when I blog, and that's that! Deal with it! Oh my goodness, that sounded so harsh, I'm so sorry.

So, a very long time ago, but we are getting closer to the present every day now, I finished a short book called Aftershock by Mark Walden. It's either book 6,7 or 8 in the H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education) series, and I've had it on hold since August! But I finally read it, and now this Amazon link can make reading it possible for you, too. Snap, I dropped my squishy ball-thing. Anyways, I'm listening to something else now, so no testing of the audible. Wow, I haven't tested those in a while.

Summaryish: I'm not going to summarize the whole series here, that would take a long time. But if you like what you read here, you can of course go look up a series overview elsewhere. Perhaps give another blogger a pageview! Anyways. In his third year at H.I.V.E., Otto Malpense and co. are gearing up for the most looked forward to event of the year. No, not exams, but I can see why you may have thought that. They're getting ready for the field mission. 24 hours in a ruthless terrain with a skilled hunter on their heels...but things go terrible wrong as the former council members from G.L.O.V.E. plot their revenge against Dr. Nero....Don don dooon!

Review: I was really looking forward to this book because I have very pleasant memories of colorful explosions and gunfire...and I wasn't disappointed! There was plenty of action, and it was nicely balanced with calm interludes of suspense and subplot. But, as I've noticed with this entire series, it was really easy to just tune out and think about butterflies. Well, maybe not butterflies, but you get the point. It's almost as if some of the book is simply white noise...a background theme song accompanying my plans to take over the world...I mean, ahem, make tea. 

Words to the Characters:

Otto: Jealousy is bad for me, stop being awesome.

Raven: Ooo, I know your history now! Mwahahaha! BLACKMAIL!

Okay, that's done. Maybe this will be the start of another marathon. I might even make it to four days this time. Bye now! See you next time for...uhm...yeah, let me get back to you on that one. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment