Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Who Wants To Go Cow Tipping?

Hey world! So...it's definitely not the day I said it was going to be when I was talking about reviewing this book...a week and a half ago. But I have a reason, first of all I was busy, and then I forgot, and then I wanted to read, but more than that, I'm reading a 932 page book, and I'm just over half way done, so I thought it would be a good idea to stretch my reviews out a little. So I'll just do this one today, and later the other two I have lined up. Pretty sad, because I'm returning them today! Yikes! Review time!

So, longer ago than it should have been, I finished this book called Going Bovine by Libba Bray. It is not a series, but it is 5:27, and I have to leave soon, so I'll finish this post tomorrow. So now it's today instead of yesterday, and I just received amazing news! I won a Jessica Shirvington give away! I'm getting a free signed book! Isn't that wonderful? It will be my first signed book ever! I am sooo excited! About the book and this Amazon link! Not a very good audible, though.

Summaryish: So, Cameron is your average high school student...until he finds out he has mad cow disease. After that, and a mysterious visit from a punk-rock angel named Dulcie, he sets out on a crazy road trip with a death-obsessed dwarf and involving a smoothie-drinking happy cult, should-be-dead jazz stars and much more, in search for a cure. Wow, I sounded a lot like the jacket flap, there! 

Review: This book was fantastic! It made me laugh, it made me cry...okay it didn't make me cry, but it definitely made me laugh! I loved all the craziness everywhere. It was like reading the inside of my brain, which, while organized, is still kind of wacky, and even I know it. It was fast and awesome, but even more than that - it was meaningful. But not an outright kind of meanigful. It's a sort of meaningful that you get on such a deep level that you can't explain. If not for the bad words, it so would have been a Wow. Just Wow. Sadly, there were bad words, and therefore it isn't.

Words to the Characters:

Dulcie: You're how I imagine all angels are.

Cameron: I knew it would end like that...But for some reason, it isn't disappointing.

Okay, see you next time I decide to post with something I'll probably remember later.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment