Saturday, March 29, 2014

Yay, It's Time For The Joke!

Hey world! Aren't you excited about the joke coming up in the next paragraph? You only have a few more sentences to wait. Now that I think about it, it's not really a joke at all, just something I find quite amusing. It's not really ha-ha funny, more like well-lookey-there funny. Almost there....just a little longer...IT'S TIME!

So, I just finished this book called Altered by Gennifer Albin, book two in the Crewel World Trilogy, in which the third book is up and coming! Like, into the world, not on my blog. Now for the funny thing...I just reviewed a book called Altered two posts ago!! Isn't that amazing! Different books about completely different things, and yet, they have the same title. I just think that's funny. Anyways, Amazon link

Summaryish: Okay, if you haven't read the first book, you can go away now. I hope that didn't sound rude. After escaping the Guild and falling to the earth below, Adelice, Erik, and Jost find that the world described to them is nothing like it actually is, and before they know it, they're embroiled in a scheme that could either save or destroy the barely real reality above them. If you haven't noticed, I can't remember how to spell it. That's all I feel like telling you about it.

Review: This one wasn't as amazing as the first book, but it is a sequel and as aforementioned, I have grace for those. It was captivating and fast, but also it was very predictable. Not clichéd, but...predictable. Almost as if things were overly foreshadowed, but there still were some surprise leaps, which satisfied me just enough to keep me reading. So, while being a great book, there's always room for improvement.

Words to the Characters:

Adelice: Wow, it takes you a long time to figure things out...

Jost: Stop acting so surprised and hurt, you practically stepped on her feet, dude.

Erik: Thank you for at least trying, you get bonus points.

Okay, I'm going to review the last one tomorrow, because I have nothing to do tomorrow. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment