Thursday, March 20, 2014

Is It Me...Or Does This Sound A Little Like Asylum?

Hey world! So here I am for the second time in a row, ready to review a book and hopefully save the world from book withdrawal. But anyways, my book list is nice and long right now, but I could always use a new request. (Mostly I just feel special when I get comments.) So if you're thinking about something, but don't want to waste your time on an incompatible book or author, or just want someone to talk to about an awesome book (I know I'm dying to complain about Five and what happened to Eight and poor Marina with SOMEONE! but I'm not really a forum kind of person). Yeah. That's all I have to say about that.

So, just because I'm on a Pendragon hiatus doesn't mean I can't read something by DJ MacHale, and that's why I picked up Sylo a library visit ago. It's book one in the Sylo Chronicles. Doesn't the word 'chronicles" just give you absolute shivers? You know what else is worth at least a tingle? An Amazon link.

Summaryish: While being the forth installment of my Sci-fi Series, this book is not set in the future, but instead on a tiny island off the coast of Maine. On this island is where Tucker lives peacefully, doing whatever it is he does...until of course his world is flipped upside down when a branch of the US military, SYLO, invades and puts the whole island under quarantine. They tell everyone that there is a strange virus that must not be sent back to the mainland. But Tucker knows better. He's been offered the strange and powerful Ruby, and he knows what SYLO is really after. Or does he?

Review: This was amazing. I have high expectations when it comes to DJ MacHale, and he most certainly did not let me down. This is a grip-the-cover-tear-the-pages-a-little-turning-them-too-fast kind of book. With suspense, action, and mystery, it's almost impossible to put down. The only issue is that something about the tone is really easy to tune out. I was reading, and I knew what I was reading, but the words on the page weren't my only thoughts when I was reading it, like it should be with a fabulous book. My every waking moment was not consumed with thoughts of Tori and Tucker and Ruby and Sylo, but it was still a fantastic read!

Words to the Characters:

Tucker: I'm just saying...you don't just take something from a stranger. Snow White learned it the hard way...and now so have you.

Quinn: I wish I could say what I want to say, but I can't because it would be a spoiler.

Kent: This is so crazy. I've read lots of books, and Kent is generally the bullies' name. Weird.

Okay, that shall be it for today, and hopefully I'll finish up tomorrow.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment