Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Was Hoping To Come Up With Something Witty For The Title, But I Can't.

Hey world! Post number two commence! I ate lunch, had a nice conversation, and I didn't even start my puzzle! Though I did leave my current book open on the floor...I can see it from where I'm sitting. But I'll stay strong! Even though it's a really good part. Even though the fate of the world hangs in the balance...This is really hard. But I can do it.

So, sometime in the past, because I'm certain it wasn't the future, I finished this book called Entice by one of our favorite Australian authors, Jessica Shirvington. It's book two in the Embrace series of what I believe is five books and maybe a short or two, though I think those shorts are unofficial blog posts. Bet you want an Amazon link, huh? There's an audible, but I'm not listening to it, because I'm trying to be quick because I've got somewhere to be, a movie to watch, and a book to finish. 

Summaryish: Remember, no reading this if you haven't read the first book in the series. After the battle at Hades (which is a bar, not, like, River Styx.) Violet begins her training as the half human, half angel Grigori that she is. But, of course, things get chaotic when they uncover the plans of the exiles to find the Scriptures with the names of every Grigori EVER (which would be awful in their hands). So, uncovering secrets about her life and her future, Violet must do some pretty dangerous things I can't tell you about.

Review: This is a good book and all, with a nice plot line, great characters, and an awesome battle between good and evil, not to mention the crazy inner struggles that always make a book wonderful, but there were a bunch of boring things happening. There was also a lot of stuff that was a little overdone, drama-wise. I mean, yeash. But I still liked it. It's not the absolute best book I've ever read, but I have sympathy for sequels - they're tough. I'm sure the next book in the series will be even better than this one, because this one was great. 

Words to the Characters:

Violet: Stop blaming yourself, at least you learned a lesson.

Lincoln: Quit blaming her, she only walked away because you lied to her. (Yes, not telling the whole truth is a full blown lie.)

Okay, that's two down! Next one up, the one where I tell the joke!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment