Saturday, March 29, 2014

I'm Going To Tell a Joke Just Two Posts From Now.

Hey world! Guess who's here after way too long? Me!!! I couldn't help the long pause between posts, though, I keep reading, and I'm learning to program, and I just got a new puzzle, and and and. I haven't started the puzzle yet, that's just a little heads up. Double-sided, 1000 pieces, has a little banner across the top that talks about how the artist paid special attention to its complex detail...should be fun. Anyways, I've got, like, four books to review today, and I haven't eaten lunch yet, so I better get started!

So, way too long ago (at least a week), I finished this book called Altered by Jennifer Rush. It is book one in a series with four books with publication dates so far (one of those dates is in the future, another one of which is a prequel that came out after numero uno), and it is also that last book in my Sci-fi Series.I have a funny about the title, but that's still two posts away. Last for this paragraph, the Amazon link!

Summaryish: I have a song stuck in my head. This is going to be hard to write. But, my dearest insert-name-here, I shall power through the inescapable rhythm just for you. There are four boys living in glass rooms in Anna's basement. (I just sneezed.) It didn't take long for her to figure out that they're just a little bit more than human, and that their stories are a lot more complicated than they let on. And then they escape and take her with them. (Of course they do, otherwise it wouldn't be a very good book.) On the run from the furious Branch, they struggle to figure just what is going on (did I mention their memories aren't the best?), and totally disregard the law. End.

Review: This was a wild-ride from start to finish, and I enjoyed pretty much every second of the short time I gripped the pages! There were a few minor calm parts, but they were perfectly balanced with the action! I was especially impressed by the distinct personalities of the characters. Usually, with this many main characters, it's hard to keep everyone straight, but Ms. Rush seems to be a master at characterization and keeping the adrenaline pumping. Genetic manipulation is pretty difficult to make fresh and exciting these days, (although I rarely complain about genetic manipulation whether it's hackneyed or not), and now that I think about it, this wasn't exactly a just-broke-the-plastic-wrap story, but it had just enough suspense and new ideas sprinkled in that I didn't even notice until just now in hindsight.

Words to the Characters:

Anna: You seriously didn't see that coming?

Trev: Oh my goodness, I did not see that coming.

Sam and Others: I can't talk to you, it's lunch time and I've got burgers.

Okay, hopefully I'll see you later today, but don't blame me if the crazy human-animals in the book I'm devouring now attack me before I can get to the next post, which will be about angels.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

P.S. Dear Cousin, if you want me to review that book, all you have to do is comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment