Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quillan Is The New Theme Park.

Hey world! I seem to be stuck at having three books to review, but have no fear! A blog marathon is here! At least, I'm going to attempt one. I might not make it, there are a lot of shiny things around me. But I will try. I realize that you may be getting the wrong impression with all this "getting behind on my blogging." But I love my blog! There's no doubt about that! But the thing is, I love reading more, and that's generally why I always forget to review books, I'm already stuck in the next one! I've discovered that the trick is to just sit down and review between books, which is what I am right now. In fact, between books is where I get most of life done. But this paragraph is getting too lengthy.

So, not too long ago I finished this book called The Quillan Games by D.J. MacHale. This is book seven of ten in the Pendragon series. I've reviewed the previous six already, but this might be my last for a while, because the person with whom I am reading this series is behind. But I'm going to read to this person a lot this week because I absolutely need the next book. More on that later. I'm listening to the sample of the audible on Amazon, the link to which is here, and Saint Dane's voice is so weird...Definitely not what I imagined. Nice evil cackle, though. 

Summaryish: Bobby is off to Quillan, a weird and amusing territory where everyone seems miserable in their bleak colorless lives monopolized by a company. Except for the games. The deadly games where the only way to win is to beat your opponent by killing him. And Bobby, quite against his will, is sucked into the games where he is forced to risk his life trying to find the turning point of Quillan and push it in the right direction. But the stakes are higher for him, because he's been promised the knowledge of the secret of the Travelers.

Review: Best. Pendragon. Ever. Way better than a Eelong, better even  than Veelox. I love the way everything, even things I've forgotten, are all coming together. What started as one story at a time is converging (haha) into one big entwined story of whoa! And it's not slowing down for anything. In fact, it's getting faster and more intense with each passing page. The suspense is simply killing me. There's only three territories left! Ahh!

Words to the Characters:

Bobby: So, now you're introducing yourself as Pendragon, not Bobby. I think that's kind of funny. I don't introduce myself as Xxxxxx, I call myself Xxxxxx, and occasionally Xxxxx. 

Nevva: 

(I'm not speaking to her)

Okay, that seems to be all that's going to happen in this post, and my fingers are getting all tired...so...See you tomorrow?

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment