Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Bach's Birthday!

Hey world! Me again, back when I said I'd be for the second time in recent memory! I thought tea time would be an excellent time to review this next book in my Sci-fi Series. Typing is a good way to spend the moments while your herbal blend is cooling, perhaps with a Nutella break somewhere around...Hmm...Now?

So, now that I have my Nutella, I can tell you that the book I'm reviewing today is called Pandemonium my Lauren Oliver, and it is book two in the Delirium trilogy. I actually reviewed book one only...what? Four, five books ago? I can't remember, but it was the library trip before this one. I don't think my library has book three yet, though, so who knows when I'll be reviewing it? The Amazon link is right here, if you want a better summary than what is to come, or maybe you even want to buy it. I haven't tested the audible because I don't feel like putting my headphones on right now, so you're on your own with that one.

Summaryish: You know the drill, no reading this paragraph if you haven't read the first book in the trilogy, yet. After escaping from her city alone, Lena struggles to find her way out in the Wilds. As she fights for survival, joins the resistance, and tries to forget about her lost love, all of her efforts seem to be inexplicably leading her to a fate she never imagined possible. I sounded like a jacket flap there for a second, didn't I?

Review: Much better. If you read my review on the first one, you'll know that I didn't like the molasses beginning. Luckily, there was no pesky backstory to lay down, and the action started right away! I loved the way it was split between "then" and "now", although I do wish there were chapter numbers to help me keep track of where I am and where I'm going. Also, the book was much better without those chapter beginning quotes because, while they are interesting to read, they definitely stop the action, and in a book like this, it's best not to catch your breath. There were satisfying twists and turns, dissatisfying unsolved mysteries, and great plot line that keeps you on your toes. It's much much better than the first book, so if you've  read that and aren't sure you want to finish the series, you might want to give it a second chance.

Words to the Characters:

Lena: What did I tell you? I was right! There was also this thing I wanted to tell you about believing and dead bodies...but that could give away something.

Julian: Forgive me, I am so sorry for this but...Do you like to move it move it? *immature snicker* (Come on, we were all thinking it.)

Yeah! I did it! I'm not making any more promises though, except that the next book has to do with genetic alterations! Woo!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment