Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I'm Hearing a Weird Sound in My Headphones.



Hey world! It's Wednesday!I have two books to review today, and I'm pretty excited about both. Reminder: Next week is Bring a Friend to SYTYWTRT Day. Enemies are accepted, too. Animals are not. Unless the animal is an elephant. Elephants are always accepted everywhere. I mean, really, who's going to stop them from doing what they want?

Image result for After the snowSo, it seems like a while ago that I read this book called After the Snow by S.D. Crockett, but it really wasn't. This book has been published in several different languages, and has a sequel that I believe is only available in the UK at the moment, but I might be able to get my hands on it. I have connections, you know. I really don't, but it sounded cool to say that.  Ms. Crockett has a very mysterious website, I highly recommend exploring that.

Summaryish: After the oceans stopped working, the world was thrown into a sort of ice age. Society inevitably crumbled, leaving few cities standing in chaos, and others surviving on their own in the mountains. Willo Blake is one of these stragglers. When he comes home one day after hunting, he finds his entire family missing. Unused to being alone, he sets out to find where they have gone and hopefully rejoin them, but along the way he meets someone who will throw him off course and change his life forever.

Review: The first thing I must mention: The grammar drove me crazy!! I understand that it helped develop the character of Willo, and even lent a kind of sincerity to the tale. Still, all those "beens" in place of 'ams" and things just really bothered me. I got used to it after just a short time, and I could immerse myself in the story, which was fantastic! Even the slower moments were fabulous! The characters were all very likeable and I honestly enjoyed every moment of reading this book. Except for the grammar...Which, let's be honest, did add to the story. So maybe even while it bothered me to no end, I still secretly loved it. I'm looking forward to finding out where I can get the sequel!

Words to the Characters:

Willo: I love how I can't tell if your a simpleton schizophrenic or not. Even if you were without a doubt...I don't think that would make you any less awesome as a person.

I wish I could do both of my posts today, but I'm late. Bonus post tomorrow, then! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment