Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Send Me a Postcard!



Hey world! Second post of the day, so you'd better scroll down if you missed the first one! I have decided that two weeks from now, so 18 February, will be Bring a Friend to SYTYWTRT Day. If you comment that you brought a friend on that day, you'll get a really lame prize, but a prize nonetheless. Then you'll have something to talk to your friend about! Like, "Hey, are you going to read that?" And your friend will be like, "Yeah." And then you can go your separate ways and no longer feel pressure to talk to each other. 

So, recently I read a book called Sharp North by Patrick Cave, who doesn't seem to have an author website, unless it's under construction or getting maintenance or something. You might recognize this author from just a little while ago when I reviewed the sequel/prequel to this novel. So yes, the books in this duology can be read in any order you wish. But now that I've read both, I would suggest reading this one first. But it's really up to you and your library or bookstore availability.  Oh goodness, I just realized this book will be due tomorrow...Okay, renewed. Moving on.

Summaryish: In a future Britain where the rich and powerful Great Families rule over the citizens, Mira lives quietly in a small village in Scotland. But when she accidentally witnesses a murder, she learns something she was never supposed to know. Driven by the need to know who she is and where she really came from, she begins a quest that will take her to the city and will lead her on an adventure to uncover the secrets and conspiracies intertwined throughout the Great Families. So, pretty much like everything else I read.

Review: This book was even better than the one I read before! The reason must be because, in terms of order-written, the other one was the sequel, and sequels are tough. I love the way it addressed questions about the morality of clones and how they should be treated. But beyond the intriguing, unputdownable story of twists turns and questions, I also quite enjoyed the style in which it was written. Mr. Cave is a very skilled author, unlike some people who are good storytellers, but not good writers. I'm sure you will love this book if you decide to pick it up! It comes with glowing reviews from me!

About the Cover:

I really think the cover could have been better. It showed the events of just one scene in the book, and I personally like it when covers give a glimpse into the entire story. Even so, by looking at the cover, you can tell what the story is basically about, and it is very interesting, so that's great, but it also isn't very eye-catching. 

Okay, that's that. See you in a bit.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment