Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Always Compare Things Like This to the Movie.


Hey world! I'm back for the third and final post of today! For a while there I  thought I wouldn't make it, because my computer froze! After staring at the screen for a bit and wondering what the keyboard command for shutting down is, folding a paper crane while glancing at the screen occasionally, and juggling (yes, I can juggle) for a while, I remembered something I should have from the very beginning - my computer has a power button. So all is well now, and I can finally make this post!
So, I  think it was 12:08 Sunday morning when I finished this book called The Far Dawn by Kevin Emerson. This is book three in the Atlanteans trilogy, and I believe I reviewed books one and two as well, but it's been a while. Interesting fact: Mr. Emerson is not just an author, he's also a musician! He has his music about his books on his website. I like to sing these songs when washing dishes. I'm listening to my favorite one right now! He has some pretty great music! 
Summaryish: Owen and Lilly are the only two Atlanteans who survived the last brush with Paul in Desenna, and it now seems more important than ever to find the Paintbrush of the Gods before him so that they can save the Terra and everyone on Earth. But it's not easy, especially when Paul is involved, and continuing with their mission is dangerous. Things further complicate when the Terra tells Owen that the Three will fail.


Review: Despite the fact that it has been a really long time since I read the first two books in the series and I was a little rusty about the story, I still really enjoyed this book! It had just the right number of plot twists, balanced with action and emotion. The one thing I was upset about is that a lot of the plot was completely based upon coincidences and things conveniently happening. I prefer plots to be much more...oh, what's the word? You probably know the word I'm thinking of, or at least the basic meaning of it. I was very happy with the way this story went! It's a great read for lovers of Atlantis and science fiction, like me. It gets very sci-fi near the end.

Words to the Characters:

Lilly: I didn't see that coming. I thought for sure it would never happen to you!

Owen: I imagine that in the same situation, I would have done the same thing, so don't feel guilty.

I just realized I finished two trilogies in a row!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment