Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Am Having the Hardest Time Coming up with Titles Lately.



Hey world! Me again, after just a few seconds. Well, right now it's a few seconds after I hit post on the previous post, I probably won't publish this for another 20 minutes or so when I finish writing this. I see no reason for further introduction. 

So, a few days ago I read this book called Champion by Marie Lu. It's book three in the Legend trilogy, all three books of which I have now reviewed over a span of about 3 or 4 months. You can find the links to those in the index. I am loving that index. Don't you love it? It's really great. Anyways. If you search fan art for this book, the results are pretty amazing! I'm totally impressed. I was also right about Day's chapters being red, which I loved. Without Amazon links these paragraphs can be pretty sure. Something to get used to, I guess.

Summaryish: You know the rules, don't read this part if you haven't read the other two books. I think I should make a rule list and put it on the right somewhere. As the story of June and Day draws to a close, things are more intense than ever! June is training to become the Princeps, while Day is struggling to fight his brain tumor and take care of his mostly blind little brother. But the drama doesn't end there - a peace treaty between the Republic and the Colonies is finally being negotiated, but it all falls to pieces when the Colonies comes down with a plague they believe to have been caused by a biological weapon from the Republic. Desperate for a cure, their only hope seems to be invasion. And the Republic's only hope to stop this from happening is to discover a cure that may be hidden inside Day's bother's blood. 

Review: This was the absolute most perfect ending to a great trilogy! I would have been so disappointed if it ended any other way! I think I've mentioned this before, but this series is so perfect in that the romance between Day and June doesn't overshadow the actual plot, as happens in so many other novels. I can enjoy the story and live the tension between the two warring nations instead of skimming through lengthy make-out sessions. Huzzah! This book, and this series as a whole, was remarkably well-done! I'll be checking out Ms. Lu's website quite often from no on.

About the title:

The other two titles made complete sense, but this one has left me a little confused. I don't think there was anything champion related in this book. I think another title, maybe Savior or something kind of like that would make more sense. On an unrelated note, isn't that cover gorgeous?

Okay, see you later.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment