Wednesday, April 8, 2015

This Reminded Me of a Beatles Song Until I Realized It Didn't.



Hey world! Back for post two just like I said I'd be! Goodness, by the time we make it to post two, I never have anything to say in my introduction. I guess I'll just ramble. It's spring time, and I just went outside, got a few flowers, put them here on my desk in front of me, but they are not overcoming the powerful smell of my hand sanitizer. They're just little flowers. Why does't spell check like the word sanitizer? I think that's long enough...

Image result for Before I FallSo, yesterday I finished this book called Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. This was her debut in 2010, but now she's written quite a bit more - some of which I have read! This is a standalone book, so no sequels or anything. And I think we would know by know since it's been five years. It's 470 pages, y'all, so probably a weekend book if you want it.

Summaryish: Goshers, I do not feel like summarizing. But I shall anyway. When Samantha Kingston dies in a car accident, she relives the same day of her death again and again over the course of a week until she figures out the reason for this. And that's it.

Review: This book is outside my normal genre, which I like to do on occasion - branch out. And so I guess it was understandable that the realistic part of the semi-paranormal story kind of bored me, and I wanted to get through it so I could start the next book on my pile, which is about aliens. But while I was a little bit like, "Can something explode now, please?" I was mostly intrigued by the story, and I found the themes and the questions and the meaning of the story itself awesometastic. It was a story that really reverberates. Something unforgettable that means something, that you can learn from. It was fabulous despite its slowness and I highly recommend it! Lauren Oliver is a wonderful author!

Words to the Characters:

Sam: It was fun to see how a single day (lived seven times) can change you so much. I'm happy with who you turned out to be.

Lindsay: Do you think maybe...you've told yourself to be someone so often that you've actually become that person? Who do you want to be?

Okay, see you next week.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment