Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I'm Almost Late, So No Title.



Hey world! Second post today. Good times, good books, and happiness....I don't know where I'm going with this. Wow, I just realized I can type super fast. I wonder how quickly I'm typing, like words per minute. But that has nothing to do with books, now, does it? 

Image result for the well of lost plotsSo, like, yesterday I finished this book called The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. He has a very extensive website that could be a lot of fun to explore. In fact, I just did for 7 minutes, but you'll never know about that because this post isn't posted continuously, but all at once. But I will let you know that this is the third book in the Thursday Next series. There's a bunch in all, I'm not even sure how many. Like, six? Give or take. 

Summaryish: Thursday Next - pregnant, but sadly without a husband due to his sudden nonexistence, is hiding out in the Well of Lost Plots to avoid conflict with the evil Goliath Corporation (I'm actually not sure if that's the reason she's there, it's been a while, but it sounds plausible.) This magical place is contained inside of Fiction - where all fiction books are put together (and you thought it was the author - ha!). She works with Jurisfiction, but also must deal with the release of a new version of BOOK coming out - UltraWord, what some people claim is the ultimate reading experience. But does it have hidden flaws? Lousy lousy summaryish. Oh well, I did my best.

Review: This book is a lot of fun to read, despite its lack of...shall we say...substance. It's a comedy book, and you have to keep that in mind while reading, or you'll definitely sink into boredom. This book does well to remind you about the beauty of reading - and all the hard work that goes into writing something worth your time, and the problems that fiction still has despite all that hard work. It's an enjoyable read that will make you laugh, and maybe look at fiction in a new way, but it definitely won't change your life forever. This is a book to have fun with. So have fun reading this, because I highly recommend it.

Words to the Characters:

Thursday: I'll bet your name is really fun during roll call...Have I said that before? I feel like I have.

Pickwick: I'm reading the Pickwick Papers next library visit!

Until we meet again, fellow reader...

-Xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment