Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I Feel Like Listening to Heavy Metal While Reading This.



Hey world! Another Wednesday has rolled around, and I have...more than one book to review. I might finish another one today and go ahead and review it. But I know for sure of two books, and loyal blogger that I am, they will both be reviewed today. To begin...

Image result for Plague bookSo, a little while after last week's post, I finished a book called Plague by one of my favorite authors, Michael Grant, who has more than one website, but I linked to the cooler one. The books also have more than one cover, for different countries and things. This is the picture of the one I read. This is the forth book in a series of six. I've reviewed all of them so far, so you can use my nifty index to get to the others. The trailers for these books...aren't that great, but don't let that deter you. 

Summaryish: The FAYZ has been up for a long time now. The kids of Perdido Beach have faced all sorts of things, including talking coyotes and famine, but the FAYZ is not a fair place, and instead of the break they all deserve - they're running out of drinkable water, a deadly plague is spreading, and the Darkness has created something that not even Sam can defeat. Plus, lots of other drama. 

Review: I've been reading this series for a while, and I've loved every book so far! This book is not an exception! I will say that most of the book is just building suspense and sometimes all those questions with very few answers can get a little frustrating, but it's definitely all worth it when you make it to...about the halfway point, when the real action starts. Warning - this book is very scary! Some libraries classify it as paranormal, and others as horror. They're both right, so the squeamish or nightmare-prone should probably be wary about reading this. In addition to the drama and action, I love the way this series asks the hard questions, and makes you ask your own questions, and sometimes you might even figure something out about yourself.

Words to the Characters:

Caine: Dude. You have telekinesis. Why didn't you think of simply ripping them apart? I mean, seriously. I was yelling at you in my mind. 

Brianna: Win some, lose some. I wouldn't have accepted it either, though.

Okay, that's one down!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment