Wednesday, March 18, 2015

There Are Probably So Many Books with that Same Title.



Hey world! Post three of three on this blogging Wednesday. Isn't it great? I didn't forget even one book! I knew exactly what I was reviewing and what I would say today. I'm maturing as a blogger! And as a reader, I guess. Funny how that works. Anyways, I guess I better get into it, now, huh?

Image result for rebel amy tinteraSo, yesterday night at about 10:39, I finished this book called Rebel by Amy Tintera. This is the sequel to her first book, Reboot, which I reviewed earlier on this blog somewhere. Take advantage of the index, if you're curious. Also, notice that I said "sequel" not "second." That's because this is where the story ends - it's a duology! Those are always fun to experiment with! It seems that something is either a standalone, a trilogy, or something larger. I have a theory about prime numbers and perfect story-length, because there always seems to be something wrong with a series that doesn't land on a prime number. 

Summaryish: After the events in Reboot, like seriously we pick up right where they left off, Wren 178 and Callum 22 are arriving at the Reboot Reservation, where they learn that the leader of said reservation is a crazy human-hating psycho planning to attack the humans. Wren and Callum just fought a war against HARC, and they're not looking to do that again. But with the lives of so many people on the line...Well, they just get caught in the middle of everything.

Review: I remember really super loving the first book in this series. This second one...was a little disappointing. There was just something so easily tune-outable about it, and I was searching and searching for what this book was about, but all I found were the events. It seemed to be just an action-adventure novel without a real purpose other than a few thrills. It's an intriguing story, and I understand that sequels are hard, but I really had high expectations for this book, and I felt let down.

To the Author:

Ms. Tintera, it seems like you have a secret obsession with the word "brushing" and it's other forms. I suggest immediate counselling with an editor or other word-professional. There's probably a hotline for word obsessions, too. 

See you next week!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment