Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sounds Lonely.



Hey world! I'm pretty sure today is Wednesday, so here I am to review some books! I believe I have two books, so hurray! Let's jump right in, shall we?

Image result for Exile Kevin emersonSo, a few days ago I finished this book called Exile by Kevin Emerson. It is the first book in a planned trilogy, though the next two books are not yet out at this time. I have just discovered that the second one comes out next month! Here's something cool: Kevin is a musician, and he wrote three songs about this book, from this book actually, which you can check out on his website! I highly recommend listening to the songs first, so that if you read the book, you can hum along!

Summaryish: Summer is a high schooler/band manager whose band just left her for a big record company. After moping around for a bit, she sees something great in an angsty singer named Caleb. She encourages him to get a band together, but when he receives a letter from his dead father everything changes. Summer, Caleb, and the rest of the band begin a wild search for hidden clues that may or may not lead to something amazing about Caleb's long-lost father. 

Review: This book is outside my normal genre, but that was strangely okay this time around. There was just something about this realistic fiction that was...not boring. In fact, this was a page-turner! I loved seeing the way the characters changed, and the story develops beautifully. The elegant mixture of music and life and mystery is fantastic! It's a great story, but I wouldn't say I'm positively dying for the second one.  It's an easy read that's great for balancing out a book haul, and if you see it, certainly get it! 

About the Dedication:

That totally changed my entire life. Or at least that moment when I was reading it.

Okay, see you in a few minutes!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment