Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Nothing's Gonna Change My World...

Hey world! It's me again! I have another book to review today! That was kind of redundant, since this is a book-review website. I don't think I have any other announcements to put into this introductory paragraph, so I'm going to move on. Feel free to join me.

Image result for Shades of EarthSo, I recently read a book called Shades of Earth by Beth Revis. This is book three in the Across the Universe trilogy. Be warned: there are multiple covers of this book. I can find four different covers just in the first line of the Google images page! I'm not sure if some are for other English-speaking countries, and there's only one in America, or if it's just different editions because I think it got pretty popular. But why am I telling you this? You're probably an experienced reader and know to check the author anyway.


Summaryish: You know the rules, this paragraph has spoilers for the other two books, so do be cautious in your reading if this summaryish. It's beginning now: Godspeed was at the planet all along, and now it's finally time to land the shuttle, unfreeze the frozens, and settle into life on the new planet. But the planet isn't all sunshine and rainbows, though those are there too, danger lies in vicious man-eating dinosaur-like creatures that fly through the air, and dangerous flowers. Not to mention the surprising presence of ruins of a blooming city. The evidence is clear - the people of Godspeed were not the first sentient beings on this planet. And maybe not the only. 

Review: Excitement built up from the moment I checked this book out of the library. It became almost hard to handle when the time came for me to finally open the cover and read. And from the first word, I was drawn into this interesting, Brave New World. The story was captivating, and it was great fun to figure things out along with the characters! It was skillfully written and paced with just enough foreshadowing to make you second guess yourself during the whole story. It was fantastic conclusion to this series I've been following for a few weeks now. After reading these, I can say that Ms. Revis has earned herself a fan in me!

About the Title:

I always thought the lyric was "Shades of life" but maybe there's more than one version, or I've been hearing it wrong this whole time. I think both make sense for the book, though...

Okay, see you next week with the next post - something from far too long ago makes a reappearance! 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment