Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This Doesn't FAYZ Me.

Hey world! Second post of this fantastic blogging Wednesday on which there will be three posts in all. Ahh, books. They just make me so happy. What's your favorite book? Go ahead and tell me in the comments below. Or just any book, really. Or just any comment. Go for it. Let's take this relationship to the next level...


Image result for Fear book Michael GrantSo, a few days ago I finished this book called Fear by Michael Grant. This is the penultimate book in the six book series that goes by the title "Gone." But I should tell you to be careful right from the start - this is a horror series, though it's sometimes classified as paranormal. Lots of scary stuff going on, so be cautious. This book is available in multiple countries, I believe, so covers vary. 



Summaryish: It's been almost a year since the FAYZ barrier went up, leaving only children 15 and under in Perdido Beach. Lots of things have happened, but the kids are facing their biggest challenge yet - the Darkness has found another way to be born. Not only that, but the barrier is changing. Growing darker. It will leave them in complete blackness very soon, and everyone will learn fear on a deeper level than ever before.

Review: By the fifth book, I'm getting a little tired of all these questions and no answers. Sure, the action is entertaining, and the character developments and the suspense and all that is super great - but goshers, I just want to finally know something, you know? I guess that's a good thing, because it guarantees I'll come back. These aren't short books, which generally makes me happy, but I feel like there's a lot of talk and a lot of just checking in with different characters - and there are a lot of characters to keep track of - and a lot of just building suspense about the same thing over and over again. It gets a little boring when the characters are all "Woe is me!" again and again, without solving any problems or discovering something about themselves, or even entertaining new thoughts. Rehash is not awesome. But the book still was, believe it or not.

Words to the Characters:

Sam: Glad you finally realized that, dude, I was about to start disliking you.

Okay, see you next post!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment