Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Is This The 4th Or 5th Time I've Talked About Aliens On Here?

Hello my darling readers! Welcome from all over the world!! What a delight it is to see you again after a whole day of being away! I was so lonely. Well, anyways, I promised you a book, and here it is!!! Wow, short introductory paragraph!!

So, I just finished this book called Alien Invasion and Other Inconveniences by Brian Yansky. It's short, only 227 pages, but I have a feeling there will be a second one, it was definitely set up that way. But, hey, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. What a tragic day that was when I was trying to deny the reference to the first book at the end of Artemis Fowl, wishing for more adventures and hoping so hopefully that it wasn't even hope anymore, that when I check Eoin Colfer's website the following day, there would be a banner proclaiming "Just kidding!". But, alas, the Eoin Colfer boycott continues..No matter how much I want to read The Wish List...I can live without it. Anyways, you can get it here

Summaryish: So, if you haven't guessed already, this book is about an alien invasion, and some other inconveniences. I can explain this book without fear of spoilers because there weren't that many secrets! I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyways, Jesse, the lead character, is one of the few people on the Earth that can "hear", or, to simplify things, has telepathic powers that were awakened when the aliens came. So his ability to hear made him a valuable slave, and he went to be in the service of Lord Vert, the most powerful alien on Earth. So, he makes friends, they try to escape, and I regret to inform you that this is all I can say. 

Review: Despite it's shortness, this book was great! It had just the right amount of funny to keep it from being depressing! It's narrated in first person and I love first person! From the first sentence, I knew I was going to enjoy this! The chapters where we got to hear from Lord Vert were particularly fascinating, and really made the aliens seem...I don't know...more human; less bad. Something along those lines. There was something else I wanted to say...I can't remember...Oh well. I guess I need some ginkgo. 

Words to the Characters:

Jesse: You remind me of someone...but who? I REALLY need that ginkgo...

Lauren: I know who you remind me of! Me!! 

Lindsey: I still don't know why you don't eat much, is it habit???

Micheal: Pals before gals, dude, that could have saved your life.

Bart: Well aren't you surprising! Welcome to my List of Memorable Characters! 

Okely dokely, I am done here for now, see you in a few days!!! Oh, some news for you: I was thinking about adding another page to this blog, A List of Memorable Characters page. But it is up to you, my dear readers, I will not add it unless you tell me to!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.      

No comments:

Post a Comment