Saturday, January 5, 2013

Why Can't I Think Of A Title? Usually I'm Good At This Part.

A jolly hey there to you my friend!!! I must apologize. I was supposed to blog yesterday, because I finished this book yesterday's yesterday, but I forgot on account of a compelling little game called Spot It! My deepest and most humble apologies, dear reader. I can't say it will never happen again, because I am unpredictable, even to myself. I can promise, however, that I will post today. Sadly, this post is going to be even less helpful than my others because I am already deep into another book. Such a good book...Anyways. Blog time. 

So I just finished this book called  A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix. Here's something cool! I have already reviewed a book by this same author! I don't feel like finding the link to that one, so just scroll down if you want to read it. It is, sadly, a standalone novel. Which is depressing. You'll find out why in the review paragraph of this blog. Moving on. Wait, Amazon link; here you go

Summaryish: Okay, this book has so many plot twists it's going to be a toughy to explain. Nothing new there, right? I guess I could tell you a little about it. Here goes: This book is about a guy named Khemri, he's a Prince of the Empire, among 10,000 other princes all competing to become Emperor. And I mean really competing. Within the first few days of Khemri's princedom, he is almost assassinated like, twice. I shouldn't have told you that, should I? Oh well, it's typed now. Anyways. So after joining...uh...an academy of a particular sort and staying there for a length of time, he is chosen to become a certain something that forces him to go waaaay out of the Imperial Space down to the Fringe, where a whole bunch of exiting stuff happens. What am I forgetting? Oh yeah, it's set in the future where everyone lives in space, and as a Prince, when Khemri dies he is re-born. And there's cool technology too! Spellcheck keeps wanting me to change Khemri to Herrick. I think I know how to spell Khemri, thanks anyway, Spellcheck. 

Review: So I was reading the reviews on the backs of a few books, and I decided that, just this once, I would attempt to sound more professional. Here is my trial. Garth Nix has successfully created a believable futuristic space world. With a believable and intriguing tale, you better hold on tight lest the Gs knock you out! How was that? Worthy of Kirkus? 

Words to the Characters:

Khemri: Your arrogance and surprise whenever someone doesn't agree with you is so amusing! But, being the person I am, I must tell you that arrogance is a bad thing. Naughty, naughty. 

Khem (Technically, they're different people!!!): I like you better than Khemri (don't tell him I said that), but his "super powers" are pretty cool. Not that your reduced Psitek isn't cool, it saved you in that sim-jungle on way more than one occasion! 

Raine: I just love your name, it's like rain but different. It doesn't bring to mine a torrential downpour, more like a crystalline sprinkling, and it fits you, too! Not to loose, not too tight, doesn't need to be let out or tucked, so perfect!!

That's all folks! The book I mentioned in my preamble is 592 pages, so it might be a while until next time, bye!
Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment