Sunday, December 30, 2012

Misty Water Coloured Memories, Of The Way We Were.

Hello all! Can you believe it's already almost 2013?? Geez, where did this year go? Nowhere!! Time is relative not constant! This year doesn't have to be in the past, we can re-visit it any time we want to if we just concentrate hard enough. Sadly, I have problems with concentrating. Aww man, I totally forgot which book I'm reviewing today...Okay I remember now, here I go....

So I just finished Macbeth by William Shakespeare. Boy this brings back memories. Do you remember my first post? That was The Merchant of Venice, both by Shakespeare!! Blogs grow up so fast! Anyways, it's not a series, but that's kind of obvious. You can get it here if you want it. I read this awesome kind of Shakespeare called "No Fear Shakespeare" where on one page there is the original version, but on the other is today's English so if you don't know a word, or like when characters start talking about something else without using a new subject you don't get confused! It works well for me!! 

Summaryish: Macbeth is all about this guy named, well, uh, Macbeth, and how three witches prophesied that he would become the king of Scotland. So he tells his wifey about it, and she gets all evil and power-hungry and  convinces him to kill the current king to make the prophecy come true. But his guilt leads him to become a tyrant. Okay, the spoilers are kicking in, I should stop before I give away the ending!!

Review: Wow this was fantastic!! I was completely lost in the pages!! Like with all of Shakespeare's works, it was very well thought out and interconnected. I feel like it must have taken months to write! I can't even communicate the awesome that is this play! I want to be in it so badly! My favourite part was the "Double, bubble toil and trouble/Fire burn and cauldron bubble" I saw that scene in my minds eye more vividly than all the others! What was your favourite part? (See what I did there? I just asked you that question without an "If you read it," in front of it, therefore eliminating any chance that you might not read it.) 

Words to the Characters:

Macbeth: I have just one question for you: Why, why'd you do it? It was so unlike you. 

Lady Macbeth: You are very good at getting what you want. I'll leave it to you to discover if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

Hmmm. I can't think of any other big characters to whom I can talk. Oh well.

Alrighty, this post is complete. I hope you enjoyed it! I sure did, although my fingertips are kind of going numb. Is that normal? Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment