Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Wanna Fly On A Dragon Too!!

Hello again boys and girls, I am back to dazzle your eyes once more. Did you have a Very Merry Christmas? I did. Did you get any books under the tree? Elephants bamboozle kittens on a magic carpet that loves cheese and artichokes. Just making sure you were paying attention -- You're going to want to for this next book.

So yesterday, somewhere around six o'clock, I finished this awesome book entitled Warrior. But that's not enough information!! There are thousands of books called Warrior out there, but I would be very surprised to find one more awesome than Bryan Davis's version! It is book 2 of 4 in a series bestowed with the name Dragons of Starlight!! The first one was called Starlighter. I don't know about you, but my fuzzy socks are completely rocked. Anyways, if you want it, you got it. If you break it...you buy a new computer. 

Summaryish: Okay, by now you have probably realized that I read a lot of books with secrets and conspiracies and whatnot in them. So -- as you have probably figured out -- this book is going to be hard to summarize. Let me think here for a second...The whole series is about this guy named Jason who goes through a portal to another planet ruled by dragons who have enslaved humans to mine for a gas called "pheterone" (I think that's how you spell it) Then, he meets this slave girl named Koren, who is a Starlighter. What's a Starlighter? you may be thinking. Well, I'll tell you. It's a person who can tell stories so well that they actually appear before you! Like, literally, little ghost things. Jason came to this planet to free all the slaves from their captivity on Starlight (The dragon planet) and return them to Major Four ( The human planet) But here's the conundrom: A prophesied black egg has been laid, and in that egg is an evil baby dragon. That baby dragon is about to hatch, and use Koren's abilities to rule Starlight and Major Four. Then in Warrior, he does hatch!! And then there's a whole bunch of tests, a white dragon, a blind chick who favours the colour black, and a whole bunch of twists and turns and internal battles as well as external. The end. 

Review: This one is totally unlike any of Bryan's other works that I have read! Because in this one, the dragons are the bad guys. Usually the dragons are the good guys, but nope, not today. Most of them are actually quite nasty. Although some of them, like Arxad and Tamminy, are pleasant enough. So that really threw me off when I first started this series, but ohhhh do I love it!!! This book is definitely not lacking in action! Fights, escapes, captures, wolves, more captures, more escapes, and then there's a floating dead girl, what's up with that? Anyways, totally fantastic!! My favourite part was the "I'm trying to save my daddy's life with a stardrop, and then my foot fell through the floor!" part. I know, it was supposed to be a dramatic moment, but I couldn't help laughing!!

Words to the Characters: 

Koren: I see your dilemma, and I feel for you. But, jeez, when it comes to black and white, go with white!! You drive me crazy sometimes, but only because I can see the whole picture.

Elyssa: Why didn't you dance? Dumb question, I already know the answer. But why didn't you dance anyway?

Jason: I gotta say, I am loving your daddy, he has an awesome nose!

Randall: Sorry, nothing to say. I wasn't really paying attention to your part because I was worrying about everyone else...Not that you're not awesome or anything.

I'm done!! Go away!! I'm kidding, I love you so much!! Stay a while, enjoy the view, have some hors d'oeuvres (we're out of meatballs), kick your  feet back. I'm leaving, but you can stay as long as you like! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment