Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm Going To Have To Start Using The Periodic Table As Code Now.

Hey everybody!! Wow, it's been a long time. I don't really have an excuse for that today. At least I'm blogging now, right? That's what really counts in the end. Speaking of ending, it's 3:03 and the world hasn't yet. Weird. I was so sure the entire world would explode today. (Not) Well, the day's not over yet!! It would be sad if the world did end though, because my frequently mentioned awesome aunt might come tomorrow! Along with my whole awesome extended family! Fun! Enough with this exchanging pleasantries, let's talk about the book. 

So I just finished this book by Catherine Jinks called Evil Genius. I know, I know. I'm terrible. Look at me -- trying to replace Artemis Fowl. I thought this new genius might help me get over Artemis, but it's not. I miss him more than ever now. The Eoin Colfer boycott continues. Anyways. You can get this book, which is part of a trilogy (I don't know the formal name of the series, though) HERE....Sorry, here

Summaryish: Okay, this being a book full of conspiracies, secrets, lies, plans, and general naughtiness, it's going to be hard to summarize. I just give you the gist: It's about this 14 year old guy (Most of the time he was a guy, some of the time he was forced to wear a girl disguise) named Cadel who is a genius. His foster parents aren't very nice, but his real dad is worse. In fact, his dad --who is in jail, by the way -- built a school just for his son. Bad side: It's to teach him how to be evil and take over the world. It has classes like forgery, basic lying, disguise, and embezzlement. Not a nice place to be. Especially if you don't want to be evil. I cannot give away anymore, alas. But I will tell you that a whole bunch of interesting stuff happens. Including, but not limited to: Poisoning, kidnapping, theft (grand auto and others), and fights (verbal and other). And then there's the conspiracies. All in all, pretty action packed. 

Review: Yay! We're finally to the review part!! Definitely not as good as Artemis Fowl. I love geniuses, but Cadel didn't talk or act like a good genius should. He said "uh" a lot.  That's not even a word. Arte said "er" once and was appalled at himself. Anyways; other than that, it was fantastic!!! Catch-your-breath-excitement is found on every page! I had to tear myself away from the pages when I needed to use the restroom. And even then, I read an extra two chapters before I actually got up. In my opinion, this book was very well thought out. Everything ties into something else somehow or another, right down to the spacesuit. A very spectacular read. I will be getting the second and third just as soon as possible! 

Words to the Characters:

Cadel: Sweety, I'm getting the same feeling about you as a got about Brawn when I read Stronger: I can't decide whether to hug you or run away. You're so innocent-looking and your story is so pitiful that I can't help but want to hug you. But at the same time I'm worried that if I do Thaddeus or Luther will do something entirely unfriendly in return. 

Thaddeus: Just so you are aware, you don't scare me one bit. So there.

Dr. Darkkon: I  think I like your old name better, Vernin Bobrick. It's so much more scientific than Phineas Darkkon. But Darkkon does kind of fit you, since you're the bad guy and all. 

There you have it, today's post is over. Tomorrow might not even be here, according to the Mayans, so you better enjoy this while you can. Good bye!!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment