Monday, January 21, 2013

Man! I Can't Think Of A Title. What's Wrong With Me?

Hello fellow book-lovers! Welcome once again to my book review blog!! It's been a while! I meant to post yesterday...but I forgot. Yes, I know, it's happened again! But it isn't my fault. It's global warming's fault. I blame everything on global warming for two reasons: One, it's a non-sentient thing and can't defend itself. Two, no one can prove it wasn't global warming's fault. It's a good system, but we're not here to talk about that, we're here to talk about books!!!

So, I just finished this book, well, more like play, called Julius Caesar by our dearly beloved William Shakespeare!!! I'm pretty sure it's not a series, because everyone ended up dying. Sorry, spoilers. And don't you even try to figure out what's under that green box, you know I'm against spoilers. Anyways, try clicking in a secret location to find the link, here is your hint: HERE! 

Summaryish: Okay, this one is going to be a little bit easier to summarize than normal because other than everyone dying, there are no real spoilers. So it's about theses people who are plotting to kill Julius Caesar because they think he's getting too ambitious, and they don't want a king; they want to keep the Roman republic. The really sad part is that among these conspirators are some of Julius' best friends. People he thought he could trust. I don't know about you, but this story definitely made my paranoia increase. Anyways, it's also about the how Mark Antony, a good friend of Caesar's, teams up with Octavius, Caesar's adopted son, to get revenge on the murderers. Then there's like this big huge battle, which is pretty entertaining. 

Review: Don't take this the wrong way if you are a die-hard Shakespeare fan, but this play wasn't one of my favourites. I guess I'm just too used to Shakespeare writing about fairies and witches and potions, that people just sitting around making plans, and then those plans happening without anything going wrong kind of shocked me. There was a ghost, which was cool, but he didn't stay long, which was sad. I found my attention wondering around because people kept repeating themselves. Again, don't get me wrong, I loved the story!! I know. I'm confusing. 

Words for the Characters. 

Julius Caesar: Why didn't you listen to your wifey??? If you would have, you wouldn't have died...I just realized I'm talking to a dead person...Awkward. 

Brutus: It was kind of nice how you were reluctant and stabbed him last...It would have been even nicer if you didn't stab him at all. 

Cleopatra: Why weren't you in this play? I thought you and Julius were married or something??? 

That's all for today folks! Next time we'll talk about sun flares!! (I'll give you five virtual dollars if you can guess what book it is. Actually, I won't. But you'll have a lot of satisfaction!!!)

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer 

No comments:

Post a Comment