Friday, January 18, 2013

I Really Wanna Fly On A Dragon Too!

Hello again everybody! I am pleased to see you!! Even if you are just a number on my Stats page, I feel like we are the best of friends. We connect through books!! Yay! The powers of reading never cease to amaze me! You're in for a treat today, mon ami, I'm reviewing another book from a series I have reviewed before! Woo hoo!! Raise the ceiling!!!

So, I just finished this book called Diviner by Bryan Davis of the Dragons of Starlight series...sounding familiar yet?? I reviewed the book before this, Warrior, Here!!! I can't wait to read the last one and review it here! Then I'll have read and reviewed almost a whole series!! Wouldn't that be exciting? I've started several series books here, but never finished a WHOLE series!! Now I'm positively tingling!! No, seriously. Is that normal? I'm kind of scaring myself a little here...Oh, by the way, HERE is where you can get the book. Haha! Fooled you, but seriously, here you can have it.  

Summaryish: For an overview of the first two books, you can click that little Here up there ^^. If the pesky little link is broken, however, I give you permission to punch your computer screen. Or you can save yourself a trip to the hospital and then the store and scroll down until you find it!!  Okay, in this installment of the glorious series Dragons of Starlight, Koren makes her final decision: serve Taushin, the evil self-proclaimed/prophesied/did I mention evil? dragon king, or paradoxically free herself by trapping herself in the broken star Exodus. Also, Elyssa discovers new talents. Also, Jason does some heroic stuff. Also, there's the floating dead girl again, what's up with that? Also, there's an ending that's really suspenseful!! You know, I think I'm getting better at this whole "summarizing" thing. I guess what they say is true, practice really does make perfect. Well, as close to perfect as I, with my limited attention span, can get. 

Review: Yes! Finally! It took, like, 12 minutes to get to the review part which is my favourite!! With Bryan Davis, it kind of takes a while for the story to pick up, and boy has it picked up!! Wow! I could barely keep up! I love how smattered throughout the whole book are little wisdoms that kind of change your life, like: "Fear of death is the final slave master." That made me want to go sky diving more than ever! I did not, however, enjoy the whole cutting in right in the middle of a suspenseful scene to go see what someone else is doing. Also, if I could change one thing about this book, I would do a little recap on the less famous characters, I couldn't remember some of the people, and that confused me. 

Words to the Characters: 

Jason: Way to fight the bad guys, buddy! Rock on!

Elyssa: Okay, did I read you wrong, or do you like like Jason???

Koren: My favourite parts of the book were when you told stories! (Don't tell anyone, they might be jealous when the find out my favourite part didn't involve them.)

Marcelle: WHO ARE YOU????    

That's all I have to say today. I promise my next post will be much more tragic!! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment