Sunday, February 17, 2013

Almost A Wow. Just Wow. But Not Exactly.

Hey there everybody for the second time today! Nice to see you again, even though it's only been 3 minutes and I haven't gotten the chance to miss you yet. What was I saying again? Oh yeah, hi! Does this paragraph have to be any longer, since I've already said hi just 3 minutes ago? Or do I talk about something else too? Yeah, I'm just gonna talk about the book now...

So, this morning at 12:13 AM, the last words of Skyship Academy: The Pearl Wars by Nick James were read, processed, and filed away for future reference. That was a sad minute, considering this book was so awesome. With a heavy heart, a buzzing brain, and tingling fingertips I placed the completed book on my shelf and pondered whether this book was too awesome to review or not. I decided on not, mostly because I can't not review something too often because I'll run out of ways to rephrase Wow. Just Wow. I also decided to review it because this is part of a series, and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't review a whole series. Anyways, Amazon link.  

Summaryish: Okay, because I was on the verge of not reviewing this, I'm not going to summarize. I know, I'm neglecting the Sacred Duties of the Order of the Bloggers, but I'm not just going to leave you hanging, I'm going to refer you to another fellow blogger who can summarize this for me. And I'm still going to give out Words to the Characters, so I'm not being all rebellious. BUT if I give you this link, you have to promise you won't forget about me, and go to another blog. I would be devastated. Here you go. I only skimmed it to make sure there was a summary, so I apologize if it's not a good blog or it uses bad words or something. 

Review: Wowzers, wowzers, wowzers. There's not much else I can say about this book. The story was completely unique, unclichéd, and particularly riveting. I believe I mention in my other post that I read for five hours straight yesterday. That is not an exaggeration, I really did read for five hours yesterday, without breaks, because I was so lost in the story. It would have been longer before I stopped for a break, but I almost had an awesome-science-fiction overdose, and I didn't want to go to the hospital to get some non-fiction in my blood stream via an IV so I had to pause briefly and I was hungry anyways. 

Words to the Characters: 

Jesse: You are so lucky! I've always wanted to live in the sky.

Cassius: I love your name, it reminds me of the starts. Which is weird because you're Surface and Jesse is Skyship. Life is funny that way.

Skandar: You make me laugh sometimes!! And your name is really cool, I like it. 

Okay, done for the day. Join me next time for a series denouement!!! Bye bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment