Friday, February 1, 2013

I Wonder What Faction I Would Get?

Hello everyone! I'm awful. I am completely and totally awful. Partly because of the redundancy of that sentence, and partly because I was supposed to blog three days ago. To make it up to you, I'm going to blog twice today. And depending on how good the book I'm reading now is, maybe three times. I doubt that though, I'm only on page 60 of a four hundred and something page book. Anyways...

So, I just finished -Well, more like finished four days ago - this book called Divergent by Veronica Roth. It is the first in what I believe is a planned trilogy, though only the first and second books are out. The second one is called Insurgent and it must be good, since there are 84 holds on it at my library!! Okay, it's officially 85 holds now!!

Summaryish: Ah, geez, this part again....hmmm...This is so hard! Okay, I'm ready. So this book is about a future Chicago where the world is divided into five "factions" or groups who are devoted to one trait because they believe lack of said trait is what caused the world to be so bad. I'll let you figure out what they are and what they are devoted to. But, there is one thing...What if you don't belong to any of those groups? What if you are...dare I say it?...Divergent. Anyways, this book is also about a girl named Beatrice Prior who is Divergent and has to hide it because everyone else things Divergents are rebels or something. And then some stuff happens, involving jumping of a train and throwing knives...then one of the factions does something against a different faction...That's all I can say. 

Review: You know, it makes a lot of sense that my fantastic aunt would recommend a fantastic book to me, and boy was this book fantastic!! I just love first person books! I also love science fiction! Putting them together really made my day! Well, three days if you want to get all technical. It was close to torture when I had to turn my light out and get some sleeping done, and even more torturous when I couldn't get my sleeping done because I was thinking about the book making turning my light out completely pointless.

Words to the Characters:

Tris:  I'd probably be Divergent too, I'm not good at any of those other faction traits.

Four: Hmmm...What's going on in your head? I'm curious now.

Tobiatris:  Y'all are cute together and all, but sheesh, stop kissing so much. It's annoying.  

Okay, that's all for now. I'll be posting again today later. Maybe right after this. Maybe after lunch...Hmmm...Lunch...Gotta go!!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment